UL Player "Greeting" UK Fans

Cdirty107

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling me how I'd react to different situations...Awesome. I'd swear you know me better than my mom! :laugh: Say, what am I going to wear to work tomorrow? :jump:

You really got me there. I have no idea what you are going to wear to work tomorrow. :thumb:

Back to the issue at hand...

Classless move, period. Any defense of it is laughable. I'd say that Coach K will handle it "internally", like he did Spillman.

Not really...He made a mistake, it happens. To call for an entire game suspension is ridiculous.

I don't know that anyone called for a suspension. I said he should be punished--a bunch of updowns or bleachers would be suffient. To ignore it shows a lack of discipline. Perhaps if they exhibited said discipline they wouldn't have blown so many coverages on defense. I think the same thing should happen to the UK player that drew the personal foul on the last drive. The UL player should have stopped on the whistle rather than trying to eat clock by prying the ball away from the UK player but the lineman has to have better control of himself than to run over and push the defender to the ground. He was reacting to what he saw as unjust behavior however, he has to have better control of himself. Same as the UL player in the photo.

I don't doubt that both some UK and U of L fans were rude and classless. However, when you are a player in uniform, you represent much more than just yourself. This reflects very poorly upon not only him, but also his team and coach.

For what it is worth, I cheer for U of L in all games except this one. If you can show me a photo of a UK player or coach doing the same/similar things, I will denounce them. For that matter, any team, including my own HS FB team.

The actions of one individual in this situation do nothing but reflect on him. It has NOTHING to do with the team or coaching staff.

The actions of one individual in this situation do nothing but reflect on him. It has NOTHING to do with the team or coaching staff.

Yes, it does...his jersey says that he is a Louisville Cardinal, not an individual. It says that this type of behavior has either not been addressed as being inappropriate and unacceptable or that he is willing to defy his coach and team guidelines. Either way, this make the Cards look bad.

Imo it absolutely does, he did this while representing the University of Louisville. Wearing the uniform of a team/school is a representative of that school. Imo that is MUCH more than some fan in the stands wearing a U.L. or any other schools t-shirt and making a butt of themselves. This kid was part of the university itself and reresents the university, team and coaching staff it by wearing the uniform. Same would go for cheerleaders, band, etc.. I agree it says all one needs to know about him but when he is wearing that uni it also represents the school.

IMO, mountains out of mole hills, gentlemen.

If my kid did that while wearing a High School uniform, she would sit one game. Her Coach believes you are representing your school and should show respect to other teams and their fans. I believe a few extra laps would be put on her workout also.

She would also be grounded, lose her phone and computer...but that would come from me.

But is was for the Coach to handle, and who knows this player may be cleaning the dorm bathrooms right now with his toothbrush.