UL Player "Greeting" UK Fans

Cdirty107

Exactly....If you're going to call the kid classless, then the fans that instigated it are classless as well.

Deuce, are you going to continue to make excuses for the player or are you going to man up and say that he's responsible for controlling his emotions and should be punished? You've ignored my posts and seem to only want to blame the fans, the thing is no one can prove what was said to him but it is very clear what he did. Should he be punished?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Not necessarily. If it was in fact Kragthorpe a still picture does nothing to make him look bad, we have no idea what could have been going on there.

True, We do not know if that was th ecoach or not and we also don't now if he jumped the kid for doing that. Imo is that he wouldn't but you are right, we don't know. Doesn't matter though U.K. with the big W............so Let them fly any bird they want. (LOL)

There is not a school in this country that when they are around the other team isnt yelling at them or calling them names for some reason the like to do it. Even the U of L fans do it believe it or not. But they are not wereing a uniform this kid is on a scholly and should be punished.. Coach K obviously seen it he was looking right at it. This player is classless

:thumb: That was obvious.

If we REALLY want to talk about players/fans being classless, I can go ALL DAY about UK fans after the game last night....Let's not go there. :thumb:

Deuce, Like another has already said, we don't know what the fans were yelling and my question is does that make a difference? Does anyone honestly believe that if it were reversed and the game at Pappa Johns that U.L. fans would not be yelling/taunting? That is ridiculous :rolleyes: , of course they would. That happens all over at practically any game anywhere I would think. Imo a player should have the dicipline to look past that but obviously this one did not. There is picture proof fact what the player was doing and that was classless. Also, "IF" that was the coach standing there and he did not dicipline the kid the that saya a lot about him. I would say the same as well if it were U.L. fans and a U.K. player had done that.

Deuce, Like another has already said, we don't know what the fans were yelling and my question is does that make a difference? Does anyone honestly believe that if it were reversed and the game at Pappa Johns that U.L. fans would not be yelling/taunting? That is ridiculous :rolleyes: , of course they would. That happens all over at practically any game anywhere I would think. Imo a player should have the dicipline to look past that but obviously this one did not. There is picture proof fact what the player was doing and that was classless. Also, "IF" that was the coach standing there and he did not dicipline the kid the that saya a lot about him. I would say the same as well if it were U.L. fans and a U.K. player had done that.

Good Post OR :thumb: , and I agree with that. Everywhere across america that happens. Kids that represent the University that pays their way just has to show a little discipline.

That's Life!

Deuce, are you going to continue to make excuses for the player or are you going to man up and say that he's responsible for controlling his emotions and should be punished? You've ignored my posts and seem to only want to blame the fans, the thing is no one can prove what was said to him but it is very clear what he did. Should he be punished?

The post I quoted said he let the fans get to him and get the best of him, and he shouldn't have done what he did...That right there (to most, anyway) would seem to show that I agree he shouldn't have done it.

You're right. No one can prove what was said to him, but Im sure he just made the jesture for the sure heck of it. :rolleyes: Should he have done it? Nope....Should he be punished? Nope...Especially not a full game suspension, that is ridiculous, IMO.

Isn't this picture before they even lost!? To be honest I am kind of shocked. Surely UK is not the only place the UL players get taunted and yelled at.

I am sure that 9 year old boy leaning over for a glimpse of the players needed to see the UL player give him the bird. City College players need some anger management classes. I will cheer for UL in other games but I will certainly hope this guy gets hit hard and often. I would not like it from a UK player either.

No excuse.... maybe Coach K dealt with it.

If we REALLY want to talk about players/fans being classless, I can go ALL DAY about UK fans after the game last night....Let's not go there. :thumb:

You have got to be kidding. Fans are fans, UL's fans were anything but kind last season at Papa Johns after the game. We're talking about a player who should be used to taunting by the opposition. Classless by the player. If the tables were turned, you would be all over the UK player. VERY biased observation, imo.

The post I quoted said he let the fans get to him and get the best of him, and he shouldn't have done what he did...That right there (to most, anyway) would seem to show that I agree he shouldn't have done it.

You're right. No one can prove what was said to him, but Im sure he just made the jesture for the sure heck of it. :rolleyes: Should he have done it? Nope....Should he be punished? Nope...Especially not a full game suspension, that is ridiculous, IMO.

I think the UK fanbase will accept no punishment for him.... another year out of the BCS championship, thanks to the best football team in KY is good enough :thumb:

You have got to be kidding. Fans are fans, UL's fans were anything but kind last season at Papa Johns after the game. We're talking about a player who should be used to taunting by the opposition. Classless by the player.

:thumb: Exactly what I was saying. Had it been reversed and it had been a U.K. player I would be all over him as well. Players, coaches, cheerleaders and others that represent the paticular schools should show more dicipline and reprsent their school in positive way.