Cincinnati St. Xavier 47 Trinity 31

Birdsfan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we played well enough to deserve to be ranked...of course we won't but who really cares. This loss will keep my boys hungry and will likely enable them to start the real drive for #18.....all in all this game should've been even closer as we let opportunity after opportunity slip just beyond our reach, literally. William will learn from his mistakes tonight and all will be good...Bring on the rest of KY.

Great showing by the Rocks, but we don't believe in moral victories. St. X sounds like a great team. Oh well... Stay tough for the rest of the year and take state Rocks. Love ya guys. You make me proud to be an alumnus.

GO ROCKS!!!

If you love high school football, you love #4 for X Danny Milligan. In this day of "how many stars" , "how is his 40" , and "how big is he," this kid simply makes plays, makes kicks, wins games. Great effort by him to get the ball over the goal line tonight.

First off, I stand corrected. I did not expect the Rocks to move the ball offensively the way they did through the air. Very impressive. They finished with almost 400 yards passing. More on that later.

The score was 17-10 Trinity at half. They had mighty momentum on their side and if there was no halftime, T might have won this game. A few of my general observations:

Trinity Offense: As expected, T could do nothing on the ground. X's run defense is as stout as they come. However, I can see where that little scat back will cause problems for many KY teams as he looks as if he's got some serious speed. But against X, it was completely negated. A+++ to the OL. Your QB had all kinds of time all night which I didn't think he'd have. His ability to scramble and throw on the run was very good. He missed a few open guys but you can't hit them all and more often than not, he made the throws he needed to. Penalties, more than anything, hurt T on offense tonight. The deep balls were there for Trinity all night as it is clearly X's achilles heel. The same thing happened against Glenville last week. X's DB's just aren't as fast or as good as they would have you believe.

Trinity Defense: Did the best they could with what they had to work with. The LB headed to OSU is very impressive. He was in, it seemed, on almost every tackle. The DL just didn't have the horses to get to Hurley. He was only sacked once all night and that was after Pat Berning #21 for St. X, came back in the game after being out for several plays because of an arm injury. The DE for Trinity blew right by him and got to Hurley. Eventually, St. X's size and depth just wore Trinity's defense down and Trinity's O didn't help in the second half by going 3 and out several times.

Overall, It was a very exciting game. Strangely enough, I never felt St. Xavier was in position to lose the game. Even when they were down by 7 at half and 11 when it was 24-13, I never really thought they would lose. St. Xavier was bigger and deeper than Trinity and I could just see it all come crashing down in the late 3rd, and 4th quarters.

If there's a better team in KY, I'd like to see them. Trinity proved they can play some of the best ball not only in the region, but in the country. This was a great learning experience for them and will only make them better for the rest of this season.

Good luck the rest of the way Rocks! You did good!! :thumb:

-CardinalsFan