Cincinnati St. Xavier 47 Trinity 31

Birdsfan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CentreRocks was prescient in his pregame analysis when he expressed concern about whether Trinity could run the ball. St. X completely shut down the rush. I think T could really hurt people if they let QB Stein run more. He is fast and elusive. But I understand the T coaches do not want him to run and he is being a good soldier and not doing it.

CentreRocks was prescient in his pregame analysis when he expressed concern about whether Trinity could run the ball. St. X completely shut down the rush. I think T could really hurt people if they let QB Stein run more. He is fast and elusive. But I understand the T coaches do not want him to run and he is being a good soldier and not doing it.

Thanks tcjkbt. If you look at Trinity's losses the past few years, you will see that we haven't run the ball well. Cincy X is a different beast. They played a college scheme defense and dropped their All American LB to safety in passing downs, with the option to roll him up to playside flats. We had no shot to run the ball last night, and I think we knew that.

Great effort though. If that is truly the number 1 team in the nation, Trinity/Kentucky high school football has come a long, long way. Let's not forget the beatings X put on the other "Nationally ranked" teams they've previously played. Trinity scored more last night (31) then Winton Woods, Dematha Catholic and Glenville combined to score in 3 games (26), none of which were at X's home field.

Back to the Kentucky schools for the rest of the year.

T kids should be proud! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I tried to listen to the game on the radio to keep updated but I finally had to turn it off...it was just to painful!! T's radio broadcast team is annoying. Half the time they talk over each other. It appeared they didn't have the same rosters on several occasions. Dead air at times. Jason talks to much like a football player and not enough like a color analyst. I could go on but I am sure that is enough for the moment. :lol: :lol:

"We didn't get the effort we needed to run the football," Beatty said. "It was a combination of everything -- sustaining blocks, backs missing cuts. … There will be an attitude change about running the football. We'll get that taken care of."

Drives me crazy when I see coaches say stuff like this! :rolleyes: I don't think that any of those kids had any thoughts of not giving enough effort. Maybe the bottom line was X had a better game at shutting down T's run game vs. the passing game. Sometimes certain parts of a teams game is not up to par. It happens!!

"We didn't get the effort we needed to run the football," Beatty said. "It was a combination of everything -- sustaining blocks, backs missing cuts. … There will be an attitude change about running the football. We'll get that taken care of."

Drives me crazy when I see coaches say stuff like this! :rolleyes: I don't think that any of those kids had any thoughts of not giving enough effort. Maybe the bottom line was X had a better game at shutting down T's run game vs. the passing game. Sometimes certain parts of a teams game is not up to par. It happens!!

And it's the coaches job to correct that. Accepting that certain parts of the game are "just not up to par" is a mentality that doesn't win championships.

Thanks tcjkbt. If you look at Trinity's losses the past few years, you will see that we haven't run the ball well. Cincy X is a different beast. They played a college scheme defense and dropped their All American LB to safety in passing downs, with the option to roll him up to playside flats. We had no shot to run the ball last night, and I think we knew that.

Great effort though. If that is truly the number 1 team in the nation, Trinity/Kentucky high school football has come a long, long way. Let's not forget the beatings X put on the other "Nationally ranked" teams they've previously played. Trinity scored more last night (31) then Winton Woods, Dematha Catholic and Glenville combined to score in 3 games (26), none of which were at X's home field.

Back to the Kentucky schools for the rest of the year.

eXcellenT analysis as usual......I understand the disappointment. Great effort. Have a really hard time "buying" the opinions they were "playing with us.' If that is in fact the case what does that really say about them. All I know is that they were on the ROCKS for awhile. Wonder the last time they trailed by that margin [AT HOME]. Their side of the stadium.....grew awfully quiet in the third quarter and from my seat they looked concerned to me. They are a great team - no dobut. Deserve every accolade they receive. I said before the game that IMHO>>..toughest test ANY ROCK team has ever faced.............

If they are honest......they have to admit.....they were in a game....and we did not shirk the challenge. The better team won.....pure and simple...but...we were there..........................

Doesn't anyone have a problem with the terrible call with 4 seconds left? We could have kept the score within 10 points. With 4 seconds left and down by 10 you take a knee if you are that deep into the other team's territory, especially if they have already intercepted several passes before. Coach Coverdale and Coach Beatty basically ran that in for X. Resulting in a score that really didn't reflect the effort and type of game that took place.

We played with them for 3 quarters really putting some fear and left their fans questioning what was going on.

Something else...Did anyone else think that their fans are some of the most obnoxious that we've encountered?

It doesn't matter if you lose by 1, 10, 16 or 100 you still lose and regardless of the score you NEVER quit trying. Moral victories are for losers. Beatty and Coverdale have brought way to many championships to Trinity for this to even be an issue, and with all due respect anyone who really knows football would know that.

And no I thought X has a very loud very supportive fan base that acted with class. My entire experience with everyone that I interacted with was very positive. I'm looking forward to returning the favor next year at Marshall Stadium.

Doesn't anyone have a problem with the terrible call with 4 seconds left? We could have kept the score within 10 points. With 4 seconds left and down by 10 you take a knee if you are that deep into the other team's territory, especially if they have already intercepted several passes before. Coach Coverdale and Coach Beatty basically ran that in for X. Resulting in a score that really didn't reflect the effort and type of game that took place.

We played with them for 3 quarters really putting some fear and left their fans questioning what was going on.

Something else...Did anyone else think that their fans are some of the most obnoxious that we've encountered?

I couldn't disagree with you more...you absolutely try to fire, and fire and fire away until the clock read 0:00....