Cincinnati St. Xavier 47 Trinity 31

Birdsfan

This was an awesome game to witness, even though we lost. Coach Beatty and most others may not believe in moral victories, but I see value in them. If we never played games against teams that many see as "out of our league", we'll never know whether we could be as good as they. As guru mentioned, he thinks that Cincy X treated the first half as as scrimmage. Be that as it may, I assume that we earned their respect by halftime. I'll take that. Many times, the things you learn when you lose are far more valuabe than the things you see in never losing. I'll bet anything that the lessons learned in this loss will be the fodder for improvements that will improve us leaps and bounds throughout this season and next. I was very impressed with the Cincy X team. But I was even more impressed with our team, and their refusal to be cowed by a team that was bigger, faster, ranked higher, deeper, and more "talented". There was no fear in our play, and they left it all out there on the field. You can't say we got "down" and quit playing. Those guys played their hearts out until the final seconds. I'm not coach, not a player, and not an analyst. So, I'll leave the stats and analysis to the experts. I'll just limit my comments to the "heart", the "motivation", and the "charisma" of the team! :D

On with the season!

GO ROCKS!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an awesome game to witness, even though we lost. Coach Beatty and most others may not believe in moral victories, but I see value in them. If we never played games against teams that many see as "out of our league", we'll never know whether we could be as good as they. As guru mentioned, he thinks that Cincy X treated the first half as as scrimmage. Be that as it may, I assume that we earned their respect by halftime. I'll take that. Many times, the things you learn when you lose are far more valuabe than the things you see in never losing. I'll bet anything that the lessons learned in this loss will be the fodder for improvements that will improve us leaps and bounds throughout this season and next. I was very impressed with the Cincy X team. But I was even more impressed with our team, and their refusal to be cowed by a team that was bigger, faster, ranked higher, deeper, and more "talented". There was no fear in our play, and they left it all out there on the field. You can't say we got "down" and quit playing. Those guys played their hearts out until the final seconds. I'm not coach, not a player, and not an analyst. So, I'll leave the stats and analysis to the experts. I'll just limit my comments to the "heart", the "motivation", and the "charisma" of the team! :D

On with the season!

GO ROCKS!

You stated it most eloquently............and captured the true essence........it's all about challenges --not backing down......not making excuses......and learning.................that's what character is all about................Your absolutely right........onto 18...but take no one for granted or treat anyone.......lightly