Louisville vs. Kentucky

LRCW

What will be the outcome of the UofL-UK game?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of the UofL-UK game?

• UofL by 21 or more
    • UofL by 10-20
    • UofL 10 or less
    • UK by 21 or more
    • UK by 10-20
    • UK by 10 or less

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that UL will win a hard fought close game. However, I think that the UK faithful and the UL faithful are trying to compare Woodson to Brohm too much. Brohm is the better quarteback. However, for the first time since 2002 (which UK won) I think that UK has the better backfield and the better running game. The Cats might not win but it will be very close and the running game will be what puts them in position to win. UL may have set at record last week but Little will be the best back in the game and his backups are right there with ULs starters. UL does have a big advantage elswhere.

I "think" UL wins by about 14. Not what I'm hoping for, but UK getting gutted by Kent's running game really makes me nervous.

Not only may this be the two best (pro prospects) QB's in America, it may also be the two best WR corps in America. There are better individual WR's (love Doucette at LSU, for example), but these two tandems are nasty.

UL's advantage in the kicking game is a big deal.

UK is going to have to win the battle of the turnovers, and probably get a break or two along the way to win this game. However, if UK can get out to a lead and eliminate UL's ability to run than it would REALLY help the cause. If UL is able to use the whole playbook all day than I don't think UK can keep that at bay.

I worry about Woodson having enough time to throw, especially with UK's o-line giving up 4 sacks in the first half to Kent. Little is going to get his, that we all can agree on.

This game being played opposite Nebraska / USC is not something I'm happy about...FYI.

Louisville has won a bunch in straight fashion over UK. With the coaching change at U of L and the poor defensive effort of last week, one would think that this is the year the Wildcats might have a chance to beat U of L. UK coming off a couple of chest buser W's is off to a good start as well.

For UK to win: Must play extremely loose and very well defensively. Limit number of touches Brohm gets, actually pick off a couple of passes. Offense has to put up at least 38 points.

For U of L to win: Louisville must find a defense. One that can play defense!!! Anticipate that the U of L offense will score basically 70% of the time. Points will be in abundance. Defense has to step up and make plays to force third and long for UK.

Difference Makers: Brohm has to have a good game. If he does not, I suspect that the big blue nation just might be ready to take advantage of the situation. UK wanted a game 3 weeks into the season.... Here it is. UK must be ready to play and play effectively.

Im going with the Wildcats in this one. Close game, Brohm puts up 325 yards yet UK gets the ball last....... UK scores go ahead TD in final minute. Intercepts Brohm on hail mary last play of the game.....

UK 52 - U of L 48

Good Luck to both teams...

:D :D :D :D

How good is UK's secondary?

Nobody really knows, they are all banged up and they have been playing younger guys the last two games. I heard McClinton, Adams and Jones could all return this week to practice, but who knows if they will all be anywhere near 100%. Lindley is a shutdown stud at the one CB and McClinton is needed at FS. After that, its an average to good secondary, but they do have good speed.

I know, but you just said that stopping Brohm won't happen. Which I don't think it will either. Brohm should have a pretty big game and Louisville should win by 2-4 touchdowns, IMO.

You picked Va Tech to beat LSU too...:banana:

If Louisville scores over 28 points, I believe they win. My biggest concern is that UK's defense won't be able to stop the Louisville running game. Brohm doesn't concern me as much as their running game does! I am hoping for a close, exciting game! UK wins 35-21 if they can stop the Louisvilel rushing attack. If not, Louisville wins 42-28...

Probably the best thing as far as UK is concerned is the fact that Brohm doesn't run the ball much. UK simply struggles w/ mobile QB's.

But then again, probably the worst thing for UK is the fact that Brohm doesn't run the ball much, and simply stands in the pocket and picks them apart.

Key to the game is pressuring Brohm to maybe create a couple turnovers. That being said, I'll go with UL by 6, 46-40.