Louisville vs. Kentucky

LRCW

What will be the outcome of the UofL-UK game?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of the UofL-UK game?

• UofL by 21 or more
    • UofL by 10-20
    • UofL 10 or less
    • UK by 21 or more
    • UK by 10-20
    • UK by 10 or less

Let me ask the Louisville fans this. How much has UofL's lack of defensive effort, or performance in the 1st two games changed your opinion on the final margin of victory in this game?
For me I'm highly uncertian about this game and how it could play out. Louisville didn't play bad defense because they have bad players they played bad because they were undisciplined and unorganized. If UK scores early and often it could easily demoralize the defense and they may play like they did almost the whole night Thursday. However if they can make some plays and get some confidance they should be closer to the D we knew last season.

Another concern of mine is the personel issue. Turrene didn't play defense Thursday. Why was that? Willie Williams didn't play much at LB, and that wasn't till the second half. With the problems our LB's were having getting to the ball why wasn't he used. Why isn't Peanut Whitehead starting? It wasn't as if another player on the D-Line was performing.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope UK pulls this one off. They have to establish the running game and not get into a pure run and shoot contest with UL. I think both D's will be very fired up and play better than expected. But they both better play better.

However, I think UL is still a little too much for UK. Hope I am dead wrong, but here is my pick.

UL 49

UK 42

With an over/under of 99 as proposed earlier, I think they will be barely under it.

Let me ask the Louisville fans this. How much has UofL's lack of defensive effort, or performance in the 1st two games changed your opinion on the final margin of victory in this game?

Two or three weeks ago I was officially the first person to predict a UofL blowout on BGP, so my stance has definitely changed.

This is not the type of game that can be analyzed easily. I have no idea what Louisville team is going to show up on Saturday (defensively at least), and I have no idea how good Kentucky is really. I don't believe that Louisville's D can be any worse than it was against MTSU, but against a better O like UK's it could look that bad. I really can't give an honest guess about the score of this game, but I hope UL wins by 21+. Sorry Cat fans, no disrespect but I love the Cards.