Dixie Heights 44 Covington Catholic 28

cshs81

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, looks like Zach Isler had a little bit of a limp tonight after the game.

I'd call tonight a step in the right direction for Zach. Made some nice throws. Will learn sometimes its OK to eat the ball rather than throw off the back foot. It will all come with experience which he doesn't have much.

Week 11 is the key.

Dixie has a very nice kicker. Will be a big plus in tight games and the field position game is sometimes overlooked.:thumb:

One particular defensive back for CCH got burnt for big yardage at least 3 times. Dixie picked out the weakness and was able to go after it.:flame:

A lot of dropped passes by CCH in the first half (balls that hit the receivers hands).

Penalties killed the CCH offense several times while driving and other penalties extended Dixie's drives that were sputtering.:cry:

Heard the interview of Dixie's coach and would have to agree that he represented Dixie well.

One one of Dixie's long throws for a touchdown, the receiver looked like a Canadian football player in forward motion as the ball was snapped. I have to see that one on video again.

Congratulations Dixie on the win.

By the way, for those of you that did not hear the interview here are the highlights. He threw for over 300 yards and at least 3 TD's. When asked how it felt he defered all credit for the game to his team mates. Saying how great his recievers, line, RB's and coaches were. He also paid hommage to both Matt O'Tool and Greg Preston, both of which came back and worked with him all summer at his request. My favorite quote would have to be, "Matt and Greg are awesome football players. They've taught me so much. I just hope that when my senior years is finished people will say that I was half as good as them."

:thumb: That was nice...

This still was not a clean game for Dixie. The offense did score on some big plays, but penalties and lack of rhytum do to the no huddle offense had Dixie making this game way to close.

My understanding is that the no huddle offense is designed to make the defense tired and limit substitions. How many delay of game penalties have Dixie had this year due to the fact that the play is not called in time? I thought that part of the purpose of the no huddle was to make the defensive players get in thier stance and make them tired by waiting for the play to occur? In Dixie's no huddle the quaterback is not under center or in shotgun formation, but halfway between the sideline and the offensive formation waiting for the coach to signal in the play. During this whole time the defense is basically just standing there not in there stance watching and conserving energy while the offense is scrambling to get the play in lined up and snapped.

It's my opinion that the coach is waiting to see what the defense is going to deploy due to down & situation that causes the delay in getting the play called. Then Dixie has to scramble around to get in formation, all the while the defense is still not in there stance. I just don't understand the logic behind Dixie's no huddle, IMO this is the main reason why Dixie can't get into any offensive rhytum or flow, and why they seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot and can't put together meaningful drives. I just don't see the benefit in this style of no huddle.

I know Dixie is extremely young in there defensive backfield, it was obvious who CovCath single out as the weak link, as they constantly took advantage of the same DB all night long.

By the way, for those of you that did not hear the interview here are the highlights. He threw for over 300 yards and at least 3 TD's. When asked how it felt he defered all credit for the game to his team mates. Saying how great his recievers, line, RB's and coaches were. He also paid hommage to both Matt O'Tool and Greg Preston, both of which came back and worked with him all summer at his request. My favorite quote would have to be, "Matt and Greg are awesome football players. They've taught me so much. I just hope that when my senior years is finished people will say that I was half as good as them."

The guys asking the questions set him up pretty well... :D :lol: