Dixie Heights 44 Covington Catholic 28

cshs81

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Game Night show has taken up a ton of my time, and I honestly have no clue what ICN and CPC are running week to week this year. I know Joe will be there for us... :D
We don't want Joe (no offense to him)..we want you GT!! For old times sake! You need to be at Sandman32's tailgate party like the good ole days so you can eat free!;)

One thing I wish Tom would consider , is letting Jett play WR ! He's a player and was Special Teams MVP tonight ! Big hits and Big K's ! He has great speed and Great Hands also ! I know he's a GREAT K'er , but the O could use a boost at WR !:thumb: Or maybe the Jett sweep !
Sorry Red Heat but I disagree. Mitchell is too important to this team to risk additional injury playing offense. He had to make that saving tackle tonight to stop a TD on the punt return and that was scary. His college future depends on his tremendous leg. IMO we should keep it this way.

One thing I wish Tom would consider , is letting Jett play WR ! He's a player and was Special Teams MVP tonight ! Big hits and Big K's ! He has great speed and Great Hands also ! I know he's a GREAT K'er , but the O could use a boost at WR !:thumb: Or maybe the Jett sweep !

Jett is an awesome kicker, and has made some great tackles on the punt/kickoff returners. Fyi - Jett's also playing soccer this year. He has alot of speed- went to state in the 4x100 relay and broke the school record for long jump this past season.

By the way, for those of you that did not hear the interview here are the highlights. He threw for over 300 yards and at least 3 TD's. When asked how it felt he defered all credit for the game to his team mates. Saying how great his recievers, line, RB's and coaches were. He also paid hommage to both Matt O'Tool and Greg Preston, both of which came back and worked with him all summer at his request. My favorite quote would have to be, "Matt and Greg are awesome football players. They've taught me so much. I just hope that when my senior years is finished people will say that I was half as good as them."

Sounds like a really classy kid its great to hear about kids like that and congrats to Dixie

The score does not indicate how close this game was. CCH played with some spirit and could have cut the lead to 7 with 5 minutes to go in the game. They also missed an early FG and had three turnovers work against them. At 0-3, this team looked and played differently compared to past weeks. Their WR's looked very good. The line finally began to block. Dixie is a very good football team but seemed to tire in the second and fourth quarters. If these two teams are 2 and 3 respectively in the District, this will be a classic match up for the first round playoffs. Dixie QB played his best game of the year and will continue to get better. Good luck to both teams.

The score does not indicate how close this game was. CCH played with some spirit and could have cut the lead to 7 with 5 minutes to go in the game. They also missed an early FG and had three turnovers work against them. At 0-3, this team looked and played differently compared to past weeks. Their WR's looked very good. The line finally began to block. Dixie is a very good football team but seemed to tire in the second and fourth quarters. If these two teams are 2 and 3 respectively in the District, this will be a classic match up for the first round playoffs. Dixie QB played his best game of the year and will continue to get better. Good luck to both teams.

Speaking of spirit, the Cov Cath student section was rockin! I guess they heard what was being said about them on BGP and responded. Good for them

Just so nobody thinks I was slighting them, I need to point out that our student section was on fire as usual too. Both teams made a ton of stupid mistakes on the field but overall this game lived up to the hype we always give it. I would be shocked if at playoff time that both teams haven't fixed most if not all of their deficiencies. If the state champ is not in NKY 5A at years end I will be shocked!:eek: :scared:

I just got done watching the game via channel 12, since I had to miss it last night. I didn't watch any news or get on here until I watched it. :lol: I tried to watch it last night when I got home from the reception :creepy: , but after about a minute, I fell asleep. :D

Bricking had a very solid game. He looked much improved from the past two weeks. The offense, however, still isn't running very smoothly. There were about 4 delay of game pentalties, along with a handful of other pre-snap penalties. As IP45 alluded to, they're still scrambling to get lined up in time, and there's no opportunity to line-up and call an audible if the defense does something. But, it is progressing week to week.

The kickoff team has a lot of work ahead of them this week with Highlands coming up next. Jett HAS to kick the ball into the endzone, because Highlands has a lot more speed than CCH. However, I did notice in the 3rd quarter, #7 for CCH fielded the kickoff in the endzone and was allowed to return it. He had a great return, but luckily a penalty brought it back. However, I didn't understand how the ref could allow the return when he was standing there watching him catch it in the endzone. :confused:

I didn't understand how the ref could allow the return when he was standing there watching him catch it in the endzone. :confused:

The feet can be in the end zone. The ball has to cross the goal line before its an automatic touchback.