Dixie Heights 44 Covington Catholic 28

cshs81

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH played a good game. The offense is definetly coming round. Isler throws a nice ball and the RB's aren't bad. The much maligned offensive line did fairly well, especially in the second half. I can't wait to see them at playoff time.

Now for Dixie.......

I'm feeling a little 1-2-3 DIXIE PRIDE! right now. It wasn't pretty at times but it was nice to live up to our potential for once. I will comment on the game details after it sinks in a bit but first things first. On the way home from the game I was lucky enough to hear about a two or three minute interview with Joey Bricking on the radio on 96.5FM.I just want to tell the young man one thing.

The way you represented your self, team, coach and school was awesome. Your are a true credit to our program son and congratulations on a fine performance. Thanks

By the way, for those of you that did not hear the interview here are the highlights. He threw for over 300 yards and at least 3 TD's. When asked how it felt he defered all credit for the game to his team mates. Saying how great his recievers, line, RB's and coaches were. He also paid hommage to both Matt O'Tool and Greg Preston, both of which came back and worked with him all summer at his request. My favorite quote would have to be, "Matt and Greg are awesome football players. They've taught me so much. I just hope that when my senior years is finished people will say that I was half as good as them."

I noticed some personnel changes on the CCH o-line.

The positive if you're in Park Hills is that you saw some life out of the O. You build on that and hope both the O and the D play a good game on the same night.

Down 15 in the 4th with 1st and goal and then to fumble it away was the killer tonight. That play plus the Dixie TD on the INT could be viewed as the difference in the game.