Tim Couch Released

So let this be a lesson kids. Take Tim Couch,Courtney Brown, and coming soon Brady Quinns word for it. If the Cleveland Browns come calling on draft day.....DONT ANSWER THE PHONE!!! LOL! When Roger Goodell goes to the podium to announce the browns draft choices from now on he should say "With the next career to ruin in the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select......"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let this be a lesson kids. Take Tim Couch,Courtney Brown, and coming soon Brady Quinns word for it. If the Cleveland Browns come calling on draft day.....DONT ANSWER THE PHONE!!! LOL! When Roger Goodell goes to the podium to announce the browns draft choices from now on he should say "With the next career to ruin in the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select......"

Tim Couch has had more than enough time to put any sins the Browns franchise laid upon him on the far back burner. The fact that he has no desire to do the work necessary to return is not Cleveland's fault.

Tim Couch has had more than enough time to put any sins the Browns franchise laid upon him on the far back burner. The fact that he has no desire to do the work necessary to return is not Cleveland's fault.

I could go along with that except for the part of the article that talked about how much arm strength that he has lost. Since he reported in excellent shape I'm sure he didn't work on everything except his throwing arm. The fact of the matter is his arm was ruined due to the injuries he suffered while playing behind that sieve of a line in Cleveland. Work ethic has nothing to do with the fact that he can't throw hard enough anymore to be an effective NFL quarterback.

I could go along with that except for the part of the article that talked about how much arm strength that he has lost. Since he reported in excellent shape I'm sure he didn't work on everything except his throwing arm. The fact of the matter is his arm was ruined due to the injuries he suffered while playing behind that sieve of a line in Cleveland. Work ethic has nothing to do with the fact that he can't throw hard enough anymore to be an effective NFL quarterback.

Wasn't arm strength a concern for Couch even in college?

:thumb: Well said. During the interview with WKYT Couch stated that he had been working out for several month's. It was reported that he arrived in Jacksonville in the best physical condition of his career so as you stated work ethic was not a problem.

Injuries and time away from the gridiron took it's toll. With a history of being injured, missing a week of practice spells the beginning of the end for any player trying to make an NFL roster.

That right there is the very reason why he never was a very good NFL quarterback. He had just enough arm strength to be a great college QB, but never had the arm to make in the NFL. Every game I seen of Couch in the NFL he had so many passes that would just float on him, and let defenders get there to make plays. He just never had the arm strength of a quick enough release to be a good NFL QB. Yeah and now with him losing even more arm strength is not even allowing him to be a 3rd string QB.

People just need to face it, Couch was not and never will be a good NFL QB. He just has never had the arm for it. And this is coming from a guy who loved Couch more than anyone when he was in college...

Jaguars had 5 QB's in the game...

I went to the game thinking the whole time I was going to see our boy play. While at the game a friend called and let me know this info. I have to admit the Garrard kid my give Lefwich a run at QB. Their third stringer was pretty good too. Guys you know it's hard to recover from shoulder problems. Good luck to Tim where ever he winds up.