Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bonds Voted To Starting Lineup

Featured Replies

This is one of the all timers, my friends. This is one of the great days in the history of baseball. The fans have spoken. FREE BARRY! End the witch hunt! I know all of those votes did not come from the Bay Area. Heck, I vote for him 25 times.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is one of the all timers, my friends. This is one of the great days in the history of baseball. The fans have spoken. FREE BARRY! End the witch hunt! I know all of those votes did not come from the Bay Area. Heck, I vote for him 25 times.

 

 

I didn't vote for him because he is not one of the top 3 OFers in the NL. I didn't even vote for my favorite player, PUJOLS, because this year Fielder deserves it.

Barry Bonds should not be a starter in the All-Star game, just like sweet16 says, he is not one of the 3 best out fielders in the National League. I can't imagine that the fans would actually vote him in to that position, now whether or not that means conspiracy, I don't know. But in all seriousness the only place where Barry Bonds gets a warm reception across the entire country is in San Francisco, I find it hard to believe that these same fans would vote him into the game. Just my opinion.

To backup my point a little bit ESPN did a poll regarding the All-Star voting, and when asked which NL player least deserves to be starting, Barry Bonds was the overwhelming winner with 49.6% of the vote thus far. The next closest player had only 15%. The same poll revealed that it was 50/50 on whether or not Bonds should even be on the team.

 

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2992&action=1&question22325=90450&question22326=90465&question22327=90469&question22328=90493&question22329=90452&question22330=90476&question22332=90446&question22333=90440&question22334=90441&question22335=90444

No way he should be starting this year but I am not surprised that it happened.

Bonds has played harder this season. Hustled when needed and has helped his team. I didn't vote for him, but he is deserving. IMO.

Bonds has played harder this season. Hustled when needed and has helped his team. I didn't vote for him, but he is deserving. IMO.

 

 

PLayed harder? that would not take much

 

Hustled when needed? shouldn't they hustle they are getting paid like Kings

 

 

Helped his team? they are in last place. They could be there without him.

If it were not for the home town crowd Bonds would not be a starter in the All-Star game. I hope he strikes out twice:D

PLayed harder? that would not take much

 

Hustled when needed? shouldn't they hustle they are getting paid like Kings

 

 

Helped his team? they are in last place. They could be there without him.

:thumb: :thumb:

Bonds would be booed in every stadium in the league EXCEPT for in San Fran, this is not some huge swing in the tide for Barry across the country.

Bonds has played harder this season. Hustled when needed and has helped his team. I didn't vote for him, but he is deserving. IMO.

 

For one Bonds does not play hard. He never runs, he barely jogs. No way does he hustle because that would include having to play hard and we've already pointed out that he does not. I guess you could argue that he has helped his team, into last place that is. Bonds is not helping, but hurting the Giants. They need youth and need to get rid of Bonds.

Also, Bonds doesn't deserve to be a starter in the all-star game because of who he is. It's ridiculous and just goes to show that the voting is wrong!

No way he should be starting this year but I am not surprised that it happened.

:thumb: I agree, Bonds in the starting lineup is a joke - No Way he should start. I wonder if he should even be on the team but him being on the team does not bother me as bad as him starting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.