Bonds Voted To Starting Lineup

See that's what's wrong with the voting since the game has meaning. Who cares if it's in San Fransisco, he's not the 3rd best OF'er in the NL. He deserves to be on the team but in no way does he deserve to start this game.

Agreed with the bolded. However, again...no way was he voted in to the starting lineup...IMO

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would SF fans have voted for him less if the game was played somewhere else?

Because the game being played in their own park will allow them to see B. B. play in his last All-Star game. The game being played anywhere else would not allow them that opportunity. He only made the starting lineup in the last few days of the voting. Do you think they would have jumped on the "Vote For Barry" bandwagon if the game were not in SF?

The All-Star game, is a show. Bonds deserves to be a part of the show and the opportunity to play, in front of his own fans, is a privilege.

While some may not Bonds, which is their right, others do. I would rather have Bonds on my team, than face him in the lineup. While he's not the feared hitter, of yesteryear, he still gets pitched too carefully and can change a game, with one swing.

All-Star games are entertaining and what better way, than to have Bonds as one of the entertainers.

Do you think they would have jumped on the "Vote For Barry" bandwagon if the game were not in SF?

Yes, I think they feel like "their" Barry gets unjustly picked on by the rest of the country. So yes, I feel like they would have done their part, one way or the other. However, I don't think there would have been said campaign if S.F. wasn't hosting the event.

If you guys don't see a little right with this situation, with his career winding down, with the game being in S.F., than your hatred for Bonds runs MUCH deeper than mine.

You have a process. Stick to it or do away with it...No way, IMO was Bonds voted in to the starting lineup.

With that being said, he definitely needed to start this game, IMO. The only reason I say that is because it is in San Francisco. Maybe he'll actually be receptive to the applause...

I think someone's letting their hatred of Bonds cloud their judgement....

I think someone's letting their hatred of Bonds cloud their judgement....

Not at all. I have no problem with him being in or even starting (And I said he should). I just don't think that it's possible for him to have received enough votes from the fans to be named a starter....

Not at all. I have no problem with him being in or even starting (And I said he should). I just don't think that it's possible for him to have received enough votes from the fans to be named a starter....
I can see, an organized movement to Bonds the starting nod, from the SF fans.

In the immortal words of Gametime, come on Sticky, "you're better than that." :D

I would like to think that I'm smart enough to know that it's possible...

How bad would it look if the guy who is most likely on his farewell tour and about to break the most cherished record (or one of) in all of sports, doesn't even get voted into the all-star game in his home park. One that was pretty much built for him. It would benefit MLB to have Bonds come out to a roar of cheers instead of a roar of jeers with the largest viewing audience of the year, especially since he's about to break said record...

JMO...I don't see it as too far fetched...

So, the Commish is allowing "fixed" votes to have Bonds a starter in the All Star game? Didn't happen. The 'ol commish doesn't like Barry. He doesn't want to be around when Bonds breaks the HR record. I'm really sure that he allowed the All Star voting to be rigged.

Sticky, you're a great guy. It's legit.