Bonds Voted To Starting Lineup

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the Commish is allowing "fixed" votes to have Bonds a starter in the All Star game? Didn't happen. The 'ol commish doesn't like Barry. He doesn't want to be around when Bonds breaks the HR record. I'm really sure that he allowed the All Star voting to be rigged.

Sticky, you're a great guy. It's legit.

I'm confused...

I didn't know what you thought was legit, the argument or the voting results. And if the Commish didn't really want Bonds to break the record, he'd figure out a way to bottle him up with this Balco mess...

The voting results.

If there was a way to, legally, get Bonds out of his hair, the Commish would do it. In a heartbeat.

Yes, I think they feel like "their" Barry gets unjustly picked on by the rest of the country. So yes, I feel like they would have done their part, one way or the other. However, I don't think there would have been said campaign if S.F. wasn't hosting the event.

If you guys don't see a little right with this situation, with his career winding down, with the game being in S.F., than your hatred for Bonds runs MUCH deeper than mine.

You stated the same thing as I did. If the game were not in SF then there would not have been the extreme campaign. We agree on that.

As for the hatred you mentioned. I don't have a hatred towards BB. I don't have that word in my vocabulary. I dislike Bonds due to his actions towards the fans and media and anyone else that disagrees with what he says or does. However, that has nothing to do with my saying that Bonds should not be a starter. He is IMO starting only because of the location of the showcase.I understand why the home crowd wanted their own in the lineup, I just don't agree with them.

They are in last place, but he keeps butts in the seats. And you must not keep up much with the sports section. He has hustled this season. It surprised me to see him doing that. But, it's happened.

I hate to see how slow he was if he didn't hustle. I don't call what Bonds does on a consistent basis, hustle.

This takes a lot of pressure off of the Commish.

I agree,it almost makes you wonder if some "inaccurate" count of the votes was going on?? I mean it was the perfect out, MLB had the "it was the fans vote" going for them in this instance. I realize that the home town area (S.F.) would really stuff the ballots but I just can't believe that it out weighed the rest of the country. Maybe so though, just an idea. I voted several times and he did not get any of my votes.

I agree,it almost makes you wonder if some "inaccurate" count of the votes was going on?? I mean it was the perfect out, MLB had the "it was the fans vote" going for them in this instance. I realize that the home town area (S.F.) would really stuff the ballots but I just can't believe that it out weighed the rest of the country. Maybe so though, just an idea. I voted several times and he did not get any of my votes.

I'd guess that if MLB.com takes a look at the IP addresses for those late voters, they will find many of them coming from the Bay area.

It's a fans entertainment game, pure and simple. I know many don't like Bonds but I'm guessing, most will watch the game, hopes he does poorly but also, if he hits a HR....it will captivate or move the viewers, in their emotions, which is what entertainment is supposed to do.

Ask yourself these questions below, as it may help define what category you fall in, with regards to Bonds.....Fan, Neutral or Foe

1) Do you watch Bonds play at all, if so, do you hope he fails, K's and looks terrible and you're certain, he's taken enhancements.

2) Do you watch Bonds play at all, if so, do you hope he hits HR's and helps the Giants win and you're uncertain, if he's taken enhancements.

3) Do you watch Bonds play at all, if so, do you not really care, one way or other, if he hits HR's and just tired of reporters talking about him. You may have formed an opinion, regarding his enhancement usage.