KY All-Stars 38 Tenn. All-Stars 24

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dane Spoelker played the entire game at center. He caught a tipped pass and ran for several yards getting a first down, keeping a TD drive alive. It was a special treat for a lineman... for sure! Congrats to all the KY players on a GREAT second half and exciting win! I have already heard stories of friendships that have started over this past week.

Nick Petrino started the game at QB, had 2 INT but didn't play bad at all. The first pick was underthrown, but the second was at the end of the half. The offense moved best when Tandy was at QB. The running backs for KY were awesome tonight as well....Vic Anderson, Tim Huegley, and Doug Beuamont all scored with Vic having 3 (?).

KY would have won by a lot more if they could have stopped the run better. TN ran the ball well through the first 3 quarters, KY's lack of linebackers and size at LB hurt them. McDermott (Trinity) and Hibbard (South Laurel) were two standouts on the defensive line.

There were a lot of guys who contributed to this win........

Vic had 3 TDs.

Who scored first for Kentucky, and who scored the most points for Kentucky?

Sounds like Vic Anderson scored last for the WINNERS!

Along with scoring the last TD for KY, Vic also scored the first TD for Kentucky, and the most points for Kentucky. (info stats for BGP contest)

Anderson - 3 TD's

Huguley - 1 TD

Beaumont - 1 TD

The Kentucky squad completely dominated after halftime, outscoring Tennessee 28-3. Kentucky finished with a 21-0 fourth quarter. The Kentucky line wore out Tennessee in a big way on both sides of the ball, and limited the Vol State to about 130 second-half yards.

USA Today Article on the Game

Kentucky tops Tennessee in All-Star football battle

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Keith Tandy is ready for the next level.

Tandy concluded his prep career on Friday night, throwing for 113 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Kentucky All-Stars to a 38-24 win over Tennessee.

"It's great," said Tandy, a University of West Virginia signee and named his team's most valuable player. "My teammates were out there making plays, and we worked together as a team. It just shows me that I can play at the next level and I'm ready for what lies ahead."

Link to full story