KY All-Stars 38 Tenn. All-Stars 24

Clark had never played linbacker.At 6' and 200lbs he has always been a free safety. For their lack of size and being played out of position I thought the group did a pretty good job. Clark, Lett, Miller and Simpson all deserve some credit for stepping up in the second half and playing their responsibilities better.

By contrast Tenn had some monsters at LB. Hogsett had the hit of the night. The Tenn linbackers were all about 230 - 240 and better equipped to take on those big linemen.

You're exactly right. The undersized LB's for KY did a great job all things considered. Everybody knew the type of player Clark is, and he showed. Braxton Miller (Lincoln Co/ WKU signee) was undersized as well, because he'll be playing in the Secondary for the Hilltoppers. I thought Braxton did a helluva job..as did the entire all-star team. Congrats on a great win!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark had never played linbacker.At 6' and 200lbs he has always been a free safety. For their lack of size and being played out of position I thought the group did a pretty good job. Clark, Lett, Miller and Simpson all deserve some credit for stepping up in the second half and playing their responsibilities better.

By contrast Tenn had some monsters at LB. Hogsett had the hit of the night. The Tenn linbackers were all about 230 - 240 and better equipped to take on those big linemen.

:thumb:

TN's linebackers were huge......

Not sure if there were any players from the separate private school divison or not. There were players from private schools in the game though.

Tennessee had 12 private school players on the roster:

Division II

7, Tyree Ford, 5-9, 160, CB, Brentwood Acad., UT-Martin

14, Chris Hohl, 5-11, 180, CB, Father Ryan, Tenn. Tech

33, Chris Michalek, 6-2, 225, LB, Evangelical Chr., Undecided

56, Davis Dempsey, 6-0, 240, C, Father Ryan, Rhodes

77, Corderoa Smith, 6-3, 265, OT, Briarcrest, Lambuth

Division I

57, Cole Trim, 6-0, 240, DT, Fayette Acad., NW Miss. J.C.

60, Chris Montague, 6-3, 260, C, Fayette Acad., Harding

65, Daniel Winningham, 6-3, 235, OG, DCA, Air Force

70, Quinton Groves, 6-1, 260, DT, Goodpasture, UT-Martin

74, T.J. Franklin, 6-5, 270, OT, Knox. Catholic, Cincinnati

75, Mark Fisher, 6-4, 275, OT, Goodpasture, MTSU

88, Ben Lehning, 6-2, 220, TE, David Lipscomb, Tennessee

The Tennessee squad could have been a lot stronger if two more private school players, Harrison Smith (S/WR) and Golden Tate (RB/WR/CB), would have been on the field.

Do you know if they didn't play due to Weis possibily prohibiting them from being involved, or where they simply not selected.

Do you know if they didn't play due to Weis possibily prohibiting them from being involved, or where they simply not selected.

After having posted the best 100m and 200m times in the semi-finals of the Tennessee state track meet, Golden Tate pulled his hamstring in the finals, which prevented him from playing. Harrison Smith won the Decathalon in Tennessee, and decided to take a break between this state track meet and the time he was to report to ND this week.

Both of these players were invited to play, and although I don't think Charlie promotes having his recruits play in these All-Star games, he does not forbid them from doing so.

The contract between Pa. and Ohio is up and my understanding is Pa. does not want to play Ohio because they are not sending their best to play in the Big 33 game.

Ohio divides the state into three different teams and it really waters down the teams. Since doing this Ohio is 0-2 against Pa.

You're exactly right. The undersized LB's for KY did a great job all things considered. Everybody knew the type of player Clark is, and he showed. Braxton Miller (Lincoln Co/ WKU signee) was undersized as well, because he'll be playing in the Secondary for the Hilltoppers. I thought Braxton did a helluva job..as did the entire all-star team. Congrats on a great win!!

I agree they all played well, but I would have liked to have seen a big LB like Lewis from Mercer in there.