KY All-Stars 38 Tenn. All-Stars 24

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who scored first for Kentucky, and who scored the most points for Kentucky?

Sounds like Vic Anderson scored last for the WINNERS!

I'm sure we'll get a full report as soon as all the lucky spectators get home.

Nick Petrino started the game at QB, had 2 INT but didn't play bad at all. The first pick was underthrown, but the second was at the end of the half. The offense moved best when Tandy was at QB. The running backs for KY were awesome tonight as well....Vic Anderson, Tim Huegley, and Doug Beuamont all scored with Vic having 3 (?).

KY would have won by a lot more if they could have stopped the run better. TN ran the ball well through the first 3 quarters, KY's lack of linebackers and size at LB hurt them. McDermott (Trinity) and Hibbard (South Laurel) were two standouts on the defensive line.

There were a lot of guys who contributed to this win........

Tennessee was running all over Kentucky late in the 2nd quarter with their tailback #2 and for some reason he sat the bench most of the second half or did not get many carries and Kentucky came storming back.

The main reason Kentucky only scored 10 points in the first half was not because of poor offense it was because the defense couldn't get off the field because #2 for Tennessee was killing them. I honestly thought he was the best player for either team but Kentucky gave the ball to their athletes and Tennessee only did it for a half.

Thanks so much for filling in some of the details. Looking at the size of the Tennessee RB's vs. the size of our LB's, I figured prior to the game that we would have some difficulty stopping the run.

Thanks so much for filling in some of the details. Looking at the size of the Tennessee RB's vs. the size of our LB's, I figured prior to the game that we would have some difficulty stopping the run.

KY could have really used a linebacker like Brent Slusher (Bell County) or someone with a little more size. The guys at LB did the best they could, but looked out of position.

KY had a lot of big lineman, and a lot of small, speedy backs.

Golfer, I thought it was 21 for TN that was eating up the KY D.

KY could have really used a linebacker like Brent Slusher (Bell County) or someone with a little more size. The guys at LB did the best they could, but looked out of position.

KY had a lot of big lineman, and a lot of small, speedy backs.

Golfer, I thought it was 21 for TN that was eating up the KY D.

They rotated in with #2 and #21.