KY All-Stars 38 Tenn. All-Stars 24

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the game and will start working on the game report Guru asked me to do,

As for the game big number 57 for Kentucky took control on the D-Line with a huge third quarter and his fellow linemates seemed to follow him as they took control of the game.

More to come after I kick start myself with a few cups of tea.

The game report will have a topic of its own being Guru said to do with it what I want.

Before I post it please remember this is the way I took things in and in no way does anything I put in it is meant in disrespected way.(NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING BAD IN IT BUT SOME HOW SOMEONE ALWAYS TAKE THINGS THE WRONG WAY)

Hooray!

Future Cardinals Douglas Beaumont and Vic Anderson made explosive runs to spark Kentucky's offense, and Beaumont's 23-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter was the game winner as Kentucky topped Tennessee 38-24 last night at Commonwealth Stadium.

"We were down, and it was just time to show what we could do," said Beaumont, who had 11 carries for 90 yards and five catches for 83 yards. "We were just fresh coming down the stretch, and we did our thing."

The future Cardinals' offensive fireworks helped Kentucky rally from a 21-10 halftime deficit before 3,268 fans to win for the fifth time in the series' past six games.

The comeback came largely on the shoulders -- and fleet feet -- of tailbacks Beaumont and Anderson, and on the running and passing of Christian County quarterback Keith Tandy, who threw for 113 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 55 yards.

Beaumont stole the second-half spotlight. He had 70 rushing yards after halftime.

"Everybody knows how good Douglas Beaumont is, but (when) you see him in person, it's unbelievable how good he is," Downs said. "He makes moves to set up moves. He's got an unbelievable future."

Doug Beaumont is one of those guys that just have another level when the chips are down.

21 was the kid UK was looking at late last year..I think they thought he was to small to play in the SEC??? Looked pretty good to me..

#21 played a solid game as well. But I think #2 is going to Tennessee if I'm not mistaken and I can see why.

KY could have really used a linebacker like Brent Slusher (Bell County) or someone with a little more size. The guys at LB did the best they could, but looked out of position.

Clark had never played linbacker.At 6' and 200lbs he has always been a free safety. For their lack of size and being played out of position I thought the group did a pretty good job. Clark, Lett, Miller and Simpson all deserve some credit for stepping up in the second half and playing their responsibilities better.

By contrast Tenn had some monsters at LB. Hogsett had the hit of the night. The Tenn linbackers were all about 230 - 240 and better equipped to take on those big linemen.