Adam Dunn trade rumors (I'm publicly stating I do not want him traded_

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn is a liability in left field.

A very good Home Run hitter and a fan favorite (for the most part)

His refusal to move to 1st Base has cost the Reds dearly and will again. The Reds have several outfieldiers that can play defense and create runs.

Freel, Hopper, Griffey, and Hamilton.

The Reds have been able to get by with an old timer at first base for the last couple of seasons. But they really need to put more power at the position. Hatteberg and Conine are not the long term solutions.

Someone will want Dunn. AL maybe....DH. But please don't try to get middle relief for him...see last year!

The bullpen session should have been addressed this past off season. Who do you get for Dunn? I am not sure. A closer would be nice. Chad Cordero, but I highly doubt the Reds will trade with the Nats.......again see last year!

His refusal to move to 1st Base has cost the Reds dearly and will again.

He never refused a move. In fact he worked at the position for a few months. He was worse at 1B than he was in LF so they scrapped the idea...

He never refused a move. In fact he worked at the position for a few months. He was worse at 1B than he was in LF so they scrapped the idea...

This boggles my mind. You have to assume that someone being recruited by Texas as a QB has some athletic ability. And knowing how bad he is in LF, how in the world can he be worse at first base if he was giving a HONEST effort to improve and be a decent 1B.

Is he that poor of a fielder and athlete that he cannot catch a ball thrown to him or bend over to field a groundball?

Also, I heard Lance make the statement that a scout was dumbfounded that his arm was rated as a 40 on the scouting scale of 0 to 80 since he had been recruited at a QB. Assumption was that his arm should be stronger.

I'd take a division championship! The timeline was what concerned me with the Twins. Took a long time.
That's why I would rather take the Tigers. Two years ago they lost 100 games. Some good pitching a FA singing or three and BAM ALCs and a World Series.

This boggles my mind. You have to assume that someone being recruited by Texas as a QB has some athletic ability. And knowing how bad he is in LF, how in the world can he be worse at first base if he was giving a HONEST effort to improve and be a decent 1B.

Is he that poor of a fielder and athlete that he cannot catch a ball thrown to him or bend over to field a groundball?

Also, I heard Lance make the statement that a scout was dumbfounded that his arm was rated as a 40 on the scouting scale of 0 to 80 since he had been recruited at a QB. Assumption was that his arm should be stronger.

Actually in an article on trade rumors on ESPN.com it mentioned that the Dodgers probably wouldn't be interested in him as a firstbaseman because of his lack of ability. To paraphrase the scout said that he was brutal over there and was unable to field fly balls in foul territory. I can understand him not having infielder instincts on grounders and throws but not being able to catch infield flies?

Not everyone can be a great fielder, and some can't even be a good one. Edgar Martinez was one of the top hitters of his time. Paul Molitor was even better. There's a pretty good reason these guys played their entire career in the junior circuit.

You would also figure he would have a better arm but he's ranked as one of the worst arms in all of MLB.