Adam Dunn trade rumors (I'm publicly stating I do not want him traded_

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can never give a blanket statement that you're against a trade of a certain player unless said player is the rarest of the rare. Dunn is not that.

EVERY player is a trade target IF you're getting what you need in return. "What you need" varies from team to team. It could be front-line MLB pitching. It could be freed up salary (see Griffey trade suggestions by moi). It could be to rid yourself of a bad apple.

I'm all for trading Dunn if it makes the Reds better.

As I said in another thread, we are going to be disappointed in what we receive in return for Dunn. You guys are going to WISH we got Lidge.

You can never give a blanket statement that you're against a trade of a certain player unless said player is the rarest of the rare. Dunn is not that.

EVERY player is a trade target IF you're getting what you need in return. "What you need" varies from team to team. It could be front-line MLB pitching. It could be freed up salary (see Griffey trade suggestions by moi). It could be to rid yourself of a bad apple.

I'm all for trading Dunn if it makes the Reds better.

As I said in another thread, we are going to be disappointed in what we receive in return for Dunn. You guys are going to WISH we got Lidge.

I should have been more specific. The rumor I heard was getting Nomar in return.

I would be against this.

I would take Lidge, if it came with another pitching prospect.

I should have been more specific. The rumor I heard was getting Nomar in return.

I would be against this.

I would take Lidge, if it came with another pitching prospect.

Nomar? What good would that aging overpaid hack do a team like the Reds?

They make that move, the Reds lose a ton of fan support IMO.

If we get something good in return that will help us in the near future then go for it. That is going to be a HUGE void in our line up if he is gone.

Why is this a huge void? He hits a lot of homeruns, but he doesn't drive in runs. If you are going to pay money for a supposed #4 hitter, he better drive in runs at crucial times. He hits fifth now. He is a horrible hitter, period. He has a good eye, but his swing is too long and over the last three years he has done nothing to close it down. He's a career .246 hitter. He is what he is and he isn't worth the amount that he is getting. I've never been a fan of Dunn, I've always found him lazy.