Very Sad News: The Death of LSURock

rocktopper

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible news.

I only know a handful of BGPers personally, but after nearly two years of posting here I have come to regard the site and its "regulars" as kind of a community. Whether we're simply supporting our favorite teams on the sports threads or going at it in the P&R forum, you feel connected with each other; and news like this is like a punch in the gut.

RIP, Rock.

Terrible news.

I only know a handful of BGPers personally, but after nearly two years of posting here I have come to regard the site and its "regulars" as kind of a community. Whether we're simply supporting our favorite teams on the sports threads or going at it in the P&R forum, you feel connected with each other; and news like this is like a punch in the gut.

RIP, Rock.

That's the best way I can sum it up. I haven't had the chance to meet many of the fellow posters face to face, but I feel like we really are a tight nit group. My goodness.

Thoughts and prayers with the family during this very difficult time.

Although I did not know him personally, LSURock was probably my chief bantering partner on BGP. Over the years both he and I exchanged many barbs on the relative merits of St. X. and Trinity. His devotion to the Rocks was unequaled. I, for one, am greatly saddened and shocked by this tragic news. All my prayers are with his family on this day of sorrow.

Terrible news.

RIP, Rock.

Couldn't have said it better! Punch in the gut for someone you don't even personally know is a perfect description.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the Rock faithful, of which LSU ranks as one of the most committed. When I first joined BGP, my feathers were often ruffled by some of his comments, but as time went on I grew to truly appreciate his sense of humor and fact based statements. During the (what now seems as minor bumps in the road) brief down period of T football in recent years, LSU firmly maintained his support of the program and coaching staff when alot of others were full of doubt and criticism. I admired his loyalty and after a few PM's appreciated many of his points of view. Candy coating was not LSU's specialty, and I for one, found that as a very positive personality trait along with the fact that he would be the first to stand corrected when presented with proven facts. I think THS, BGP and HS football in general has lost a good one. God Bless.

I never knew him, but as others on here have said, I felt like I did from reading his posts. Very sad news, I am at a loss for words. :cry:

I will pray for him and his family. My heart goes out to all of the BGPers that knew him, also. I am so very sorry.

God bless his family and friends during this sad time...

LSURock was such a spirited person that contributed so much to this website. I can only imagine how much love and joy he brought outside of this website. He will truly be missed... :thumb: