The Reds could be good in about 2 years if...

I've got a bad feeling, the Reds will move Dunn, in the next few weeks, to get some "potential" players, for the future.

I hope so.......I can't stand to watch him play anymore. He has got to be one of the laziest players I have ever seen. He definately isn't going to get any better.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so.......I can't stand to watch him play anymore. He has got to be one of the laziest players I have ever seen. He definitely isn't going to get any better.
Often players who are large, with not much running speed, get a label of "lazy"....which I don't think applies to Dunn.

Is he fleet of foot, No but that doesn't equate to lazy. If he does move on, the Reds will have to fill the vacancy of HR's and RBI's, he will leave in the middle of the lineup. Yes, Dunn K's a lot but many "power" guys do.

I'd like to see him stay but if the Reds management, don't see him in the future mix, get substantive talent in return.

I've got a bad feeling, the Reds will move Dunn, in the next few weeks, to get some "potential" players, for the future.

I am not all that opposed to moving Dunn "IF" the Reds can get Quality talent/player for him. I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of getting "potential" players. Seems to me this Reds team is full of "potential" players and look where they are at. If Dunn or another top Reds player is moved, I would want something more substantial than "projects" or "potential" in return.

JMO

Often players who are large, with not much running speed, get a label of "lazy"....which I don't think applies to Dunn.

Is he fleet of foot, No but that doesn't equate to lazy. If he does move on, the Reds will have to fill the vacancy of HR's and RBI's, he will leave in the middle of the lineup. Yes, Dunn K's a lot but many "power" guys do.

I'd like to see him stay but if the Reds management, don't see him in the future mix, get substantive talent in return.

If he stays I'd like to see him at 1b and have Hamiltin/Freel/Hopper/Jr in the OF. Thats if the team stands pat on current roster. And of course the return of Freel. I just keep going back to the trades made last year and the pitching the Reds recieved in return. I think mgmt has to do better this go round.

If he stays I'd like to see him at 1b and have Hamiltin/Freel/Hopper/Jr in the OF. Thats if the team stands pat on current roster. And of course the return of Freel. I just keep going back to the trades made last year and the pitching the Reds recieved in return. I think mgmt has to do better this go round.

I'd like to see Votto get a shot at 1B at this level. I hope that if mngt has designs on trading Dunn that they see if perhaps someone like Votto could absorb some of the loss in production in Dunn's absence. IMO, that would make sense. So, that will probably not happen.

Is that a serious question?
The option, was proposed earlier, in a post....including Griffey.

I'm just going to be honest here and let the chips fall, where they may. I believe many Reds fans, have adopted a similar mentality as many UK fans....The ones playing well right now, are the new favorites and watching to criticize the play, rather than realizing a season, is not 4-5 games....

I said a few weeks ago, new energy was needed from either the players, Narron, Management or a combination. The defensive effort, has been much better and the overall play, has also.

MLB is a business and the Reds talent is average, at best. If one player, like Dunn can be blamed for the Reds demise, than I know nothing about baseball.

The option, was proposed earlier, in a post....including Griffey.

I'm just going to be honest here and let the chips fall, where they may. I believe many Reds fans, have adopted a similar mentality as many UK fans....The ones playing well right now, are the new favorites and watching to criticize the play, rather than realizing a season, is not 4-5 games....

I said a few weeks ago, new energy was needed from either the players, Narron, Management or a combination. The defensive effort, has been much better and the overall play, has also.

MLB is a business and the Reds talent is average, at best. If one player, like Dunn can be blamed for the Reds demise, than I know nothing about baseball.

Is that a question? :D

Agree on all counts...