The Reds could be good in about 2 years if...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a question? :D

Agree on all counts...

Easy....:lol:

If you trade Dunn the real question is what do you replace him with in the off season. What you get in return is icing on the cake if the saved cash is spent properly...
I'm not impressed with the acquisitions, last year in the middle relief corps. To me, the major problem is pitching with the Reds, starting, middle and closer....If Dunn leaves, the Reds lose HR's and RBI production, which can't be filled, unless they get 1-2 more position players. If that happens, the woes with the pitching, still continues.

I'm not impressed with the acquisitions, last year in the middle relief corps. To me, the major problem is pitching with the Reds, starting, middle and closer....If Dunn leaves, the Reds lose HR's and RBI production, which can't be filled, unless they get 1-2 more position players. If that happens, the woes with the pitching, still continues.

You act as if acquiring pitching is a walk in the park. Teams aren't giving up quality young bullpen arms any more. So you have to develop your own. Plain and simple. And the rotation is leaps and bounds better than it was when Wayne got here 15 months ago.

Kearns and Lopez were replaced by Gonzo and Hamilton. The Reds got better at both spots...

BTW, video's on the way. Sorry it took so long...
Not a problem 'bro.....I do believe, the Reds will move Dunn to save the salary for the '08 season. The business side of baseball, is not an easy one.

If Dunn leaves, I hope plans are in place to bring in offensive production.

You act as if acquiring pitching is a walk in the park. Teams aren't giving up quality young bullpen arms any more. So you have to develop your own. Plain and simple. And the rotation is leaps and bounds better than it was when Wayne got here 15 months ago.

Kearns and Lopez were replaced by Gonzo and Hamilton. The Reds got better at both spots...

I never said anything about young pitching but there is a huge gap, between quality MLB pitching and many on the Reds roster. A combination of other teams castoffs, with aging veterans and some, who would struggle in AA.

You like Krivsky's moves as a whole and I don't....We disagree there but yes, a few trades have worked. If a MLB teams wants pitching, they go out and spend the money.

This leaps and bounds improvement, hasn't translated into wins. It's a great thing, this Division is woeful, across the board.

The Bankees want pitching. They went out and spent a ton of money. They still aren't very good. Big money was spent on Milton. That was stupid. Throwing cash at the problem over developing your own is a recipe for disaster in this market size. That's the business of baseball you talk about so much...

And he's no where close to being a better option at 1B than Hatte...

I'm not saying that he is, however, he has the potential (sorry oldrambler) to have some very serious production #'s which is what we would donate with a Dunn trade. Just saying that I'd like to see what he can do at this level and he's an inhouse, cheap possibility. I'd much prefer that to trying to sign an aging FA to fill the production void. I'd rather the Reds use the savings wisely if they decide to trade Dunn.

But putting him at 1B is forcing a square peg in to a round hole at this point. Maybe in a month there is some value for Hatte or Conine and then you give it a whirl. Right now it doesn't make sense even if Dunn is traded...

But putting him at 1B is forcing a square peg in to a round hole at this point. Maybe in a month there is some value for Hatte or Conine and then you give it a whirl. Right now it doesn't make sense even if Dunn is traded...

So who do you propose to fill the roster spot if the Reds get only prospects in return? Votto makes sense to me. He has been in the OF recently as stated earlier.

What about in LF? He can't be much worse than Dunn out there....

So who do you propose to fill the roster spot if the Reds get only prospects in return? Votto makes sense to me. He has been in the OF recently as stated earlier.

Chris Dickerson would be the best option in house. Do you plan to start Votto in LF if Dunn is moved???

The Bankees want pitching. They went out and spent a ton of money. They still aren't very good. Big money was spent on Milton. That was stupid. Throwing cash at the problem over developing your own is a recipe for disaster in this market size. That's the business of baseball you talk about so much...
Cash has been thrown at relievers, who were sent packing by other teams but yet, thought they would help the Reds....It didn't work.

The Yankess, will be fine and I know you don't want to compare their offensive lineup and pitchers, with that of the Reds. The Reds had 2 starting pitchers, that had winning records in '06.

The business of baseball, is not taking a band-aid and trying to cover a gash. If the Reds have no pitchers of their own, which are/being developed, than where does that fault point toward.