Who is Your All-time Favorite Reds Player?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My all time favorite Reds player is Pete Rose.

This is something I came across.If you want some history of the Reds just read these names. The Cincinnati Red Stockings of 1869 who were the first professional team were Doug Allison,catcher;Red Waterman,third base;Harry Wright,manager and center field;Asa Brainard,pitcher;Charlie Gould,first base;Dick Hurley,substitute;George Wright,shortstop;Charlie Sweasy,second base;Andy Leonard,left field;and Cal McVey,right field.

Now there you some history right there.

Eric Davis

It isn't even close for me. I have about 5 times more baseball cards of him than any other player I ever collected. Too bad he got hurt all the time...I could be sitting on a fortune otherwise.

He should have been the first 40/40 man in baseball. He hit 37 HR and stole 50 bases and missed about 30 games that season...I figured if he could have stayed healthy he could have hit 3 more HR's.

:thumb: He slipped my mind, Eric was as good as there was in baseball for a few years. I had a ton-o-Eric Davis cards as well, I loved to watch him play. My favorite play was his hustle play when he lacerated his kidney in the World Series in game 4.

No doubt #1 is Sean Casey

Little Joe

Davey

Foster

Bench

Perez

Rijo

Sabo

Browning

Jr.

Freel

Rose used to be on the list but is forever tainted by his making a joke of his fans by lying to them over the past decade.[/quote]

I agree. I still enjoyed watching him when he was at the plate. He never got cheated (no pun intended) and he always gave 110%.