Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is Your All-time Favorite Reds Player?

Featured Replies

AHEM!!!

 

 

Post #34

 

Sorry, but you still didn't mention his sideburns.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but you still didn't mention his sideburns.

It was those forearms that blew me away. His and Steve Garveys were huge to me when I was a little guy. Seemed like Popeye up to bat.

I'm a Red Sox fan but living in Kentucky I've seen the Reds play more than any other team and root for them in the National League. It always made my trip worth it when I got to the park and saw that Barry Larkin was in the lineup.

#20 The Chief is on his horse,as Nuxy would say.

Don't try for that extra base on him!!

 

and last but absolutely not least...the guys who taught me to love the Reds

 

Marty and Joe[/color][/b][/size]

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, just like Cawood and U.K. sports. NO ONE has done it better! :banana:

My all time favorite Reds player is Pete Rose.

This is something I came across.If you want some history of the Reds just read these names. The Cincinnati Red Stockings of 1869 who were the first professional team were Doug Allison,catcher;Red Waterman,third base;Harry Wright,manager and center field;Asa Brainard,pitcher;Charlie Gould,first base;Dick Hurley,substitute;George Wright,shortstop;Charlie Sweasy,second base;Andy Leonard,left field;and Cal McVey,right field.

Now there you some history right there.

  • Author

I am kinda surprised that no one has had Ray Knight on their list. I always liked the way Knight played all out. He was definately not the most talented guy, but he really got the most out of what he had by hard work and sheer effort. Reminded me a lot of how Rose played(and now Freel).

Eric Davis

 

It isn't even close for me. I have about 5 times more baseball cards of him than any other player I ever collected. Too bad he got hurt all the time...I could be sitting on a fortune otherwise.

 

He should have been the first 40/40 man in baseball. He hit 37 HR and stole 50 bases and missed about 30 games that season...I figured if he could have stayed healthy he could have hit 3 more HR's.

:thumb: He slipped my mind, Eric was as good as there was in baseball for a few years. I had a ton-o-Eric Davis cards as well, I loved to watch him play. My favorite play was his hustle play when he lacerated his kidney in the World Series in game 4.

He wasn't one of the best Reds ever, but I sure did like Chris Sabo.

No doubt #1 is Sean Casey

Little Joe

Davey

Foster

Bench

Perez

Rijo

Sabo

Browning

Jr.

Freel

 

 

Rose used to be on the list but is forever tainted by his making a joke of his fans by lying to them over the past decade.[/quote]

I agree. I still enjoyed watching him when he was at the plate. He never got cheated (no pun intended) and he always gave 110%.

Call me strange but I loved Kevin Mitchell.

Loved him as a Met also...One tough guy off the field also...Not hugh, but street tough and would put a beating on guys as many Mets found out..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.