Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is Your All-time Favorite Reds Player?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 60
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I remember the Pads of the 70s correctly, JB was not on a short list.

 

No, unfortunately the biggest Padre killers in the 70's were, well, the Padres.:D

E.D.

Hal King

Davey

Redus

Soto

 

Honorable mention goes to Bill Gullickson. I want to say it was Andres Thomas of the Braves that took a fastball in the ribs after the Braves had roughed up Gully. Instead of the class "stand on the mound and wait for the batter to charge," Gully essentially charged home plate and set off a big-time brawl. Classic!

I'll have to go with:

 

Barry Larkin

Rob Dibble

Chris Sabo

Dave Concepcion

Tom Browning

 

All time favorite: Pete Rose

Hard to have just one, but here are a few...

 

Pete Rose

Bobby Tolan

Tom Seaver

Johnny Bench

Clay Carroll

Frank Robinson

Mario Soto

Davey Concepción

Joe Morgan

Eric Davis

Jack Billingham

George Foster

Tony Perez

Lee May

Call me strange but I loved Kevin Mitchell.

I am glad that someone started this thread. For me it is really hard to name a single favorite but I would go with :

 

1. Tony Perez (doggie was clutch)

(the others are in no paticular order)

Pete Rose (what he did ON the field)

Dave Concepcion (it is a travesty that he is not in the hall, the best SS I have ever seen,JMO)

Johnny Bench (best catcher to ever play the game.....period)

Cesar Geronimo (man what an arm - absolute cannon)

George Foster

Bobby Tolan

Mario Soto

Tom Seaver

Gary Nolan

Lee May

Joe Morgan

Tommy Helms

Chris Sabo

 

My Favorite All Time Cincinnati Red of all Time : The Main Spark - Sparky Anderson!! :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Also, there is not one current Red (including Griffey, Jr. imo) that belongs even clsse to making my list of favorite Reds.

E.D.

Hal King

Davey

Redus

Soto

 

Honorable mention goes to Bill Gullickson. I want to say it was Andres Thomas of the Braves that took a fastball in the ribs after the Braves had roughed up Gully. Instead of the class "stand on the mound and wait for the batter to charge," Gully essentially charged home plate and set off a big-time brawl. Classic!

 

 

Hal King,

He had some big time hits for the big red machine.

Little Joe. All of us could do the left elbow twitch back in the day during wiffle ball games.

"Charlie Hustle" a.k.a. Pete Rose

I was a catcher and wore #5. 'Nuff said.
I was never a catcher, left handed. But I am ALWAYS #5!!!

#5 Johnny Bench

#8 Joe Morgan

#14 Pete Rose

 

and last but absolutely not least...the guys who taught me to love the Reds

 

Marty and Joe

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.