Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is Your All-time Favorite Reds Player?

Featured Replies

Little Joe. All of us could do the left elbow twitch back in the day during wiffle ball games.
Yep...did it every at bat...plus I mixed in having my little finger off of the end of the bat like Johnny.
  • Replies 60
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Sabo, just for the goggles.

Barry Larkin is probably my all time favorite though. He is pretty much the reason I wore number 11 my entire baseball life.

Johnny Bench

Pete Rose

Barry Larkin

Chris Sabo -- The guy made sports goggles coole. I was playing minor league baseball and wore goggles with non prescription lens' in them just because Sabo did it.

Pedro Borbone -- He has a funny name.

No doubt #1 is Sean Casey

Little Joe

Davey

Foster

Bench

Perez

Rijo

Sabo

Browning

Jr.

Freel

 

 

Rose used to be on the list but is forever tainted by his making a joke of his fans by lying to them over the past decade.

Barry Larkin is probably my all time favorite though. He is pretty much the reason I wore number 11 my entire baseball life.

 

What was his original number?

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned George Foster and the greatest sideburns ever.

AHEM!!!

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned George Foster and the greatest sideburns ever.

 

Post #34

 

No doubt #1 is Sean Casey

Little Joe

Davey

Foster

Bench

Perez

Rijo

Sabo

Browning

Jr.

Freel

 

 

Rose used to be on the list but is forever tainted by his making a joke of his fans by lying to them over the past decade.

Pete Rose

Johnny Bench

George Foster

Tony Perez

Ceasar Geronimo

Lee May

Chris Sabo

Mario Soto

Don Gullett

Gary Nolan

Clay Carroll

D. Young

Pete Rose

Johnny Bench

George Foster

Tony Perez

Ceasar Geronimo

Lee May

Chris Sabo

Mario Soto

Don Gullett

Gary Nolan

Clay Carroll

D. Young

How did I forget Soto. Loved watching him pitch.:thumb:

Eric Davis

 

It isn't even close for me. I have about 5 times more baseball cards of him than any other player I ever collected. Too bad he got hurt all the time...I could be sitting on a fortune otherwise.

 

He should have been the first 40/40 man in baseball. He hit 37 HR and stole 50 bases and missed about 30 games that season...I figured if he could have stayed healthy he could have hit 3 more HR's.

Eric Davis

 

It isn't even close for me. I have about 5 times more baseball cards of him than any other player I ever collected. Too bad he got hurt all the time...I could be sitting on a fortune otherwise.

 

He should have been the first 40/40 man in baseball. He hit 37 HR and stole 50 bases and missed about 30 games that season...I figured if he could have stayed healthy he could have hit 3 more HR's.

 

Maybe I was too big of a geek growing up, but I used to get fired up watching the end of This Week in Baseball with the symphony music and the highlights of Mike Schmidt celebrating his 500th home run and then ED going up and robbing a home run. I never watched it once without going outside and imitating it a hundred times.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.