Florida player punches Vandy student after Upset

Cdirty107

What was going on with Noah and Vandy's coach? I never got to see it on Sportscenter except for the tease going to commercial. Is there something there or were they just making it bigger than what it was? I have no idea what the story is here.

Typical ESPN trying to make something out of nothing. Vandy's coach was just a little heated over a call. And he didn't want to give up the ball. :D It just happened to be Noah waiting to throw the ball in. If it were another Florida player, it wouldn't have been mentioned.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical ESPN trying to make something out of nothing. Vandy's coach was just a little heated over a call. And he didn't want to give up the ball. :D It just happened to be Noah waiting to throw the ball in. If it were another Florida player, it wouldn't have been mentioned.

I agree, it may have been mentioned but quickly dropped with nothing else said. Stallings was wanting the official to come and get the ball so he could grill him over a call, no big deal. JMO

You just don't hit fans, no matter what they are doing, if you are in danger that is one thing but he was not. I think he should be suspended a few games. Unless the NCAA want a b-ball league like the NBA than just let it go.

I agree with you with one exception, the player didn't go into the stands after a fan. The fan was on the court. Still imo there is no excuse for it. Just cannot be compared to a NBA thug league type incident.

I like Pat Forde's take:

Then there was the postgame pandemonium, when the Vandy students stormed the floor and Florida reserve guard Brandon Powell (6) allegedly either hit someone or was hit. Video is hopelessly inconclusive, other than showing a Vandy fan giving Powell a shove in the back to help him on his way to the locker room. On this front, The Minutes edges toward vigilantism: If you run wildly onto the court when the losing team is still out there, you take your chances. Having invaded the space of large and angry players from the visiting team, don't get all indignant when you're not greeted with tenderness and mercy. (Vandy was clocked 25 large by the SEC office Monday afternoon.)

You just don't hit fans, no matter what they are doing, if you are in danger that is one thing but he was not. I think he should be suspended a few games. Unless the NCAA want a b-ball league like the NBA than just let it go.

If a fan comes onto the floor, he's assuming the risk. Not that he should get punched, but you run into a dejected athlete, things happen. Stay off the floor. The player had his head down, was bumped into pretty hard. He shouldn't have hit the guy, but I could see where he would push him back.

I knew someone would appreciate it, so you mean to tell me you didn't see him swing at a cheerleader cheering when he was frustrated a week or two back. Yeh he's classy.
I don't think anyone but obsessed UK fans saw him take a swing at a cheerleader. I saw him get an obnoxious cheerleader's pom-poms out of his face, and I couldn't blame him. I'd say the same thing if it were a Louisville cheerleader.

I mean, he has about a 14 foot wingspan. If he took a swing at her, he'd have hit her.