Florida player punches Vandy student after Upset

Cdirty107

I don't think the kid ran into him on purpose either. But there was contact, and the punch was thrown in frustration. Still not excusable.

Someone else stated that he punched someone who was running past, which was not the case.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was justifying the action.

The guy in the suit may have bumped into him, but the Florida player did punch him while he was running past him. He swung and hit him in the back of the head. It was obvious that it was a complete accident with the kid running into the player, as you can see he is heading for the big pile of sudents.

It was a punk move by a player who was mad because he had just loss.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy D after the seeing video of Powell:

"I don't think anybody was trying to hurt anybody," Donovan said. "I think (he) kind of got hit from the front and obviously used his hands to defend himself and get out of there. I think that issue is really not a Florida issue. I think it's a Vanderbilt issue. It's a Vanderbilt administrative issue.

"It's not our home court. It's nothing that we're in charge of. I think it's Vanderbilt's responsibility to make sure that we, as an opposing team, get to and from the court safely. It's unfortunate situation that they have to deal with that."

Way to shift the blame.

Rushing the court has been part of the game for a long time, and I would HATE to see it go away.

I'm shocked that you're willing to make excuses for a player throwing a punch.

Did you read my entire post? Namely the part where I said I fault the students and the player as well?

I also didn't say I'm against the fans rushing the court. I never did it in college, but we rushed the field after we beat Bowling Green for the first time in 8 years. It was a great experience, probably moreso on this level. All I'm saying is that it was clear Vanderbilt's security wanted to hold them back, as evidenced by the one security guard that tried to get in front of them. But they had 2-3 minutes to get set up, and didn't do it. That cost the school $25,000.

I'm a big believer in solving a problem at the head. The best way to have kept this from happening was for the security to do their job. The player deserves to be punished for his actions, and I hope he is. I just happen to believe it could've been stopped prior to that.

"I don't think anybody was trying to hurt anybody," Donovan said. "I think (he) kind of got hit from the front and obviously used his hands to defend himself and get out of there. I think that issue is really not a Florida issue. I think it's a Vanderbilt issue. It's a Vanderbilt administrative issue.

"It's not our home court. It's nothing that we're in charge of. I think it's Vanderbilt's responsibility to make sure that we, as an opposing team, get to and from the court safely. It's unfortunate situation that they have to deal with that."

^ That explanation by Donovan is a complete joke! :rolleyes: I thought that he (Donovan) was made of more than that. I agree on it was at Vandy, that was rather obvious Billy:rolleyes: but "Your" player drilling a fan is "Your" problem, not Vandy's!! Although I have seen in other Florida games Noah on the bench talking back/arguing with Donovan and nothing was done - Noah went back in the game. That along with this incident makes one wonder who is in charge of the Gators, Donovan or the players :confused: .

Needless to say I just lost a lot of respect for Donovan / aka Eddie Munster :D after reading that weak excuse.

What's up with the kid in the gold pushing him? I'm not sure I'm not in the player's corner on this. I'd love to know if the person running up to him said or did anything. If he did and the player had just been pushed like he was I can see how it could happen. Keep em off the floor!

What a turd.

Not the type of guy I want representing UK......