Florida player punches Vandy student after Upset

Cdirty107

Look at the white diagonal line about 30 seconds in

Pretty wild scene after the Vandy upset Saturday afternoon. You have to watch the clip at about 25 seconds and find the white diagonal line to get a good look. The Florida player is on the very left side and you can see him hitting a Vandy student in the back of the head.

This is the dangers of fans storming the court. Players don't have time to exit the floor and get pushed around, especially the visiting team. Couple that in with a loss and tempers begin to flare. Can't tell who the Florida player is, but I'm sure it was a sub as Donovan emptied the bench with about a minute left.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I don't agree with people rushing the courts, fields, etc....and I thought a fan or two on that video should've gotten popped...but not the young man (looked like a trainer) in the video...If I were Donovan, I would step in immediately..and suspend him for the remainder of the regular season....if that kid were me on the court...Brandon Powell would've been bleeding ;)

Man I didn't get to see the last 2 minutes or so, my station cut away to lead in show for Ky vs Bama, Dumb move to cut away from a huge upset game IMO with only two minutes left. Things like the punch can always happen when people who are not normally on the floor end up there, one would think it would happen more often.

From what I hear, if that were you on the court, he probably wouldn't have hit you...

We could go a step further...I wouldn't be on the court...but you're right...he probably wouldn't choose me...instead of the poor fella trying to get into the locker room.

None of it would've happened if the security had done their job. They had more than enough time to get lots of security in place on those sidelines. It was clear for the last 2-3 minutes of the game that Vandy was going to win. I'm not certain there is an easier place for them to prevent this because it's a raised floor (meaning the students have to step up and can't run as quickly), and there are no benches on the sidelines, meaning there is nothing to impede the security from lining up in advance. I fault the students and the player as well, but there is no excuse for Vandy's security.

None of it would've happened if the security had done their job.

Way to shift the blame.

Rushing the court has been part of the game for a long time, and I would HATE to see it go away.

I'm shocked that you're willing to make excuses for a player throwing a punch.

I am sure the player in question wasn't in the best of moods after just getting beat and it looked like on vidieo that the fan ran into him/brushed him while running onto the floor celebrating.

Imo there is absolutely NO excuse for a player to punch a fan in this situation

(or any for that matter). I would hope that Donovan will take a good look at it and serve up some kind of punishmet on his own. I also hope that the NCAA would step in if Florida /Donovan doesn't. I am not in favor of rushing the floor either but there is still no excuse for what happened..............................You got your butt kicked, get off the floor and don't make things worse.:rolleyes:

Way to shift the blame.

Rushing the court has been part of the game for a long time, and I would HATE to see it go away.

I'm shocked that you're willing to make excuses for a player throwing a punch.

:thumb: I would storm the court too, if I just took down the #1 team in the country.(Even with NOBODY expecting it)!:eek: I think he should be suspended for at least 5 games, very bad spotsmanship!