Simon Kenton at Cov.Cath Febuary 20th.

I have seen both CovCath and SK, and I feel the only place SK can hurt CCH is with Hurd. CovCath's guards and forwards can shoot the ball anywhere on the court and with very good accuracy. CovCath being at home is of course an advantage and this will help get the Colonels a victory. CovCath by 8

Should be a good one. I think they match up pretty well, but the Colonels better have an answer for Hurd who could be laying in soft hooks all night long if not cleverly controlled. When he doesn't have a good look he's an excellent passer, popping it back outside to a talented perimeter shooting team. Throw Hester into the mix and the Colonels have also to contain his wizardry all the while as well. Not sure if he's 100% yet or not, but when the Pioneers are clicking on all cylinders they can pretty much out fox their opponents. I wouldn't begin to know what defense Coach L can go with because I can see issues with a zone as well as a man to man. I think he'd be hesitant to use up Noll and Maile all at once but it might have to be the answer to collapse in on Hurd. They certainly need to work on getting him into some early foul trouble. SK moves the ball around quite well and they can make some teams look downright silly trying to keep up with their game of keep away. The Colonels are tuff and find ways to win but they REALLY need to bring 32 minutes of their 'A' game to this one and I'm sure that they know it. My gut feeling on this game is telling me SK by 5.

SK 64

CCH 59

IMO Hurd will be the worst matchup problem that the Colonels have played all year, more than Brooks, Hill, Beaumont, Walls, Mackey, or anyone. The only comparison will be Dexter Heyman of Male, who (before his injury) had his way in the paint. If Hurd can be aggressive on the Offensive boards, he will be tough to stop.

The key to the Colonels will be a SMART game out of both Bovard and Jacobs. While some the SK faithful may feel that they can match up with them; I don't think they can. Hester can maybe neutralize one of them (which I doubt because his greatest asset, speed, appears to be hampered by his injury still). If they can keep the turnovers down, as well as the underclassmen continuing to play well, then I think the Colonels will win.

I'm going to say that Hurd has 25 but CCH keeps the rest of the game low-scoring.....

CCH 60

SK 58

I agree with everyone else that Hurd will have a big game, if he plays like he did against Scott, I think SK will win. Hester, Elbert, and Layne need to hit open shots with they get the looks, and try not to turn the ball over. I think Jacobs and Bovard will be hard to stop, especially without Hester at 100%. My heart says Simon, but my head says CovCath.

CovCath - 56

Simon Kenton - 52

CovCath is much better defensively on the interior than Scott. CovCath needs to be better at the start of the game not like Dixie and Scott games. SK has the ability to keep the hammer down if CovCath gets off to another poor start.

Take CovCath by 5....65-60

What a great end-of-season game! 2 teams who can compete for their regions who should be playing at their peak. Great atmosphere expected. Can't wait. I'm looking forward to seeing both Hurd and Hester. Somehow, despite all the games I see, I have never seen these two kids play. I'm very concerned about Hurd. Hopefully, CCH puts enough pressure on the ball that it can't come inside very often.

Spoke with a family member of Hurd's, he definitely had a dislocated shoulder. He is in a lot of pain, but he played well against Scott for SK's senior day game. Hopefully this will not affect his playing against CCH. I expect this to be an exciting game.

Spoke with a family member of Hurd's, he definitely had a dislocated shoulder. He is in a lot of pain, but he played well against Scott for SK's senior day game. Hopefully this will not affect his playing against CCH. I expect this to be an exciting game.

Is he playing?

SK better hope that Hurd's shoulder holds up through the post-season, because if it doesn't they have no shot of winning the 8th region.