Who was the strongest player to ever play Kentucky high school football?

Diogenes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strongest I ever saw was Vernon Johnson in the early 1980's. He benched 590+ while playing at UK, while in high school won the state shot put (3 times) and discus (2 times) while a player at Laurel County High School. Marc Logan told me he was the strongest player he had ever been around until he got to the NFL, and that he was stronger than a lot of them.

590 in the bench press???????

The strongest I ever saw was Vernon Johnson in the early 1980's. He benched 590+ while playing at UK, while in high school won the state shot put (3 times) and discus (2 times) while a player at Laurel County High School. Marc Logan told me he was the strongest player he had ever been around until he got to the NFL, and that he was stronger than a lot of them.

590 ? that may be a world record that is an awful lot of wheight for a Bench Press Thats 12 45# plates that sure seems like alot was this a type-o Not saying it cant be true just hard to believe.

Justin Boatright at Bell Co. was just a country strong guy back in his day. The guy could block anybody and could pick anything up he wanted to. I've seen him pick up the back of trucks, push a short bus, etc. all on his own. I dont know his numbers in the weight room, but the guy was a beast. Too bad he couldnt get his grades right to go anywhere after HS.

590 ? that may be a world record that is an awful lot of wheight for a Bench Press Thats 12 45# plates that sure seems like alot was this a type-o Not saying it cant be true just hard to believe.

For what its worth--According to a site I found the current bench press world record for +125 kilo (275lb) men is 300 kilos (660lbs) set Jan 21, '07. The record in the '80's appears to have been in the 550 lb. range??

Check out the westside barbell club, you will find many guys benching over 500 and 600 pounds.