Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SOUTH

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SOUTH

  1. It will not be at Purdue.
  2. Matt Brown will do a great job. He knows how to relate to the community,kids, and parents. He is also a class act and it will show with the kids on and off the field. He left Atherton in a much better place then where it was when he took over.
  3. No. Many of the different areas have their own game. This is a fun event for all the players.
  4. How many asst. coaches did he have in the building with him?
  5. Oldham County-Not having to play Trinity, Ballard, Fern Creek,Shelby Co. etc... in the playoffs.
  6. Two great coaches. I know that both teams will be prepared. Expect an exciting game.
  7. Coach Rains is 0-2 against Pikeville in Regional Championship games. Pikeville defeated Hazard in the Regional Finals in 1991 and 1992.
  8. Lexington Christian is much more balanced and athletic than Pikeville. Altough, Pikeville can run the football on the "non-physical" defense of LCA. If the Panthers establish the run and dominate time of possession, they have a shot. If not, it may be a long drive east on the Mountain Parkway.
  9. A 8 game turnaround (if they win out). That is a BIG diffference. That has to be one of the biggest turnarounds in the history of the state. I know that he brought some new guys onto his staff this including Beno Chappell, Will Jones, and Tom Grace to name a few. Beno does such a wonderful job in the weightroom/conditioning and is calling defense this year. He is a great coach. Jones and Grace are also great coaches who gets the kids to play their best every week.
  10. Way to go Matt Brown. I know that many people would not have the guts or ability to make Atherton football into something the kids could be proud of. I know making the playoffs for the first time is just a baby step for the program.
  11. Highlands will win b/c of the trenches and Coaching.
  12. Great job Coach Matt Brown. Keep up the great work with the kids @ Atherton.
  13. It was Matt Slone not Stone.
  14. Do they still use W.Va Refs? I know they did in summer of 2002. Matt Stone jump into the endzone (clearly on film) with about 2:00 mins. left to win or tie the game but was called down.
  15. It is called burnout and wear and tear on the body.
  16. I think it should be awarded to the most dominating player. This year it could be Brandon Newman from PRP. The kid is a stud with a great grades. This kid could just about call any college coach in America tell them that he is going to their school. But with that said I agree with comparing skill kids with linemen is very difficult to do.
  17. When did that policy start I know there was basketball coach in the county that did both.
  18. I understand what you are saying but he has upgraded the weightrooms, training methods, technology, youth leagues, and many other things. I would say has made a great deal of impact on P-Ville football for many years to come. By the way I think Pikeville is a great school, community and football program.
  19. you can go to the Oldham County Police's website for updates. His Dad and uncle are on the force.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.