Hatfield - McCoy Bowl

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what players will be playing in the Hatfield- McCoy Bowl on Saturday?? I was just curious... Thanx....

Who plans on being there???

I haven't heard much at all this year about the H/M Bowl... I would expect Belfry would have Cory Chapman, G Epling, and Devin Kohari playing.

This game has really went way down hill the past few years IMO.

Does anyone know if the Paul McCoy kid from Matewan, WV will be playing? Was he a Senior or a Junior?

For those who don't know who this is, he was the running back who set the National Single Game rushing record in a VERY controversial game last year against Burch, WV. It created a national buzz because of the measures the head coach took to reach that record against a far inferior opponent.

Does anyone know if the Paul McCoy kid from Matewan, WV will be playing? Was he a Senior or a Junior?

For those who don't know who this is, he was the running back who set the National Single Game rushing record in a VERY controversial game last year against Burch, WV. It created a national buzz because of the measures the head coach took to reach that record against a far inferior opponent.

Yeah Paul McCoy is playing in the game.

Does anyone else feel as if it is time for a venue change in this one? Matewan's field is "alright" by conventional standards, but when you compare it to the likes of some of the stadiums on the Kentucky side (Belfry, Shelby Valley, Pikeville), it just doesn't compare. Additionally, following the game there is nowhere to eat in Matewan.

I could see the difficulty in the game being moved to Belfry considering Massey is the primary sponsor and the Stadium is named after CAM Mining, but nonetheless I think it would help draw a bigger turnout if the game was at least moved to a Kentucky venue every other year.

For the record, the reason I say this has nothing to do with distance as I can be at Tiger Stadium almost as quickly as getting to CAM Stadium.

From Johnson Central,

Micheal Tackett

Coty Conley

Blake Johnson

Tommy Taylor

Chris meeks

And Cody Ratliff he hasnt played football in a few years but is playing in this game.

I think shawn Ousley is too

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/articles/2007/07/27/sports/02sports.txt

There is a good read on two brothers playing in the game, one from Belfry and one from Matewan.

I say WV will win this game again by about three touchdowns. But you never know, you can never count out us Kentucky boys. I just feel things are often set up for the WV squad to get a victory.

Does anyone else feel as if it is time for a venue change in this one? Matewan's field is "alright" by conventional standards, but when you compare it to the likes of some of the stadiums on the Kentucky side (Belfry, Shelby Valley, Pikeville), it just doesn't compare. Additionally, following the game there is nowhere to eat in Matewan.

I could see the difficulty in the game being moved to Belfry considering Massey is the primary sponsor and the Stadium is named after CAM Mining, but nonetheless I think it would help draw a bigger turnout if the game was at least moved to a Kentucky venue every other year.

For the record, the reason I say this has nothing to do with distance as I can be at Tiger Stadium almost as quickly as getting to CAM Stadium.

Ive said that for years. They would draw a much bigger crowd if they put it a little closer to civilization LOL! Also the they need to do whatever they can to eliminate the fighting that goes on there before during and after the game.