Garrard Hires Scenters as Head Coach

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an impressive resume? At Central he's been a part of a consistent winner, working with some of the more respected coaches in the state. Hazard's head, Rains at LCA, Berea's Head, and a couple of other guys I'm forgetting have all been a part of Central's staff at sometime. I think Scenters is coming from a great pedigree. Every head coach, had to start somewhere, and I would venture to say that kypride has never spoken to Coach Scenters. Garrard has picked up a gem. He's got the knowledge, the drive, and I've heard he would be surrounding himself with a great group of young and hungry coaches, that will surely turn things around at Garrard.

Congratulations Coach Scenters!!!! I'm sure you're excited and anxious to get started.

Lets see. Just say that Doug Preston did withdraw. That leaves Johny Pointer and LCA assistant. Pointer Head Coach at 2 different schools. Turned both into winners. Has a ring with Dudley at Bourbon.

LCA assistant also worked with Rains obviously, Dave Campbell, Tom Larkey, Sam Simpson and Bill Cronin. 22 playoff wins and 2 trips to the state final.

Congrats Coach Scenters! Great guy, with an incredible drive and will work his tail off to make Garrard a winner.....and as much as I hate to agree with the Golfer, this is a huge loss for Madison Central. Mark has done a lot of the thankless jobs for the Indian program over the years (along with all his coaching duties) and is going to be missed a ton....

Coach Scenters is a great coach and a better person. He will build a program focused on helping his players become better men and winning football games will be a bi-product of that mission. He has his priorities straight as a coach and mentor to young people. With an outstanding football IQ and work ethic he will build a successful football program at Garrard. I'm sure he already has a few coaches committed to coming with him and one I know for sure is just as outstanding a person as he is. Good luck to Coach Scenters and his staff at Garrard!:thumb:

How old is Coach Scenters? Where is he originally from? Where did he play college football?

Everything previously mentioned makes him sound like a good choice for the Garrard program. I'm just looking for some biographical information.

I thinik that this is something, considering how everyone on here had their had named the coach a long time ago, and here we have someone that I don't think was even mentioned in any threads (I could be wrong and correct me if I am.)

Point being, you never know who is going to be hired until the actually announcement.