Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard Hires Scenters as Head Coach

Featured Replies

Mark Scenters (I hope the spelling is correct?) meet the Garrard team this afternoon and will be introduced to the media/community at a 4:00 pm news conference at the high school.:dancingpa

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was a good hire I hope that Mark will be able to be successful. Mark, congrats on the first head coaching job.

Can anyone give a more detailed background of Coach Scenters?

Berea assistant coach for about 5 years. Madison Southern assistant coach, LB's I think. Madison Central DC for 2 years, and for past 5 years I think he was the OL coach.

Not a real impressive resume.

Not an impressive resume? At Central he's been a part of a consistent winner, working with some of the more respected coaches in the state. Hazard's head, Rains at LCA, Berea's Head, and a couple of other guys I'm forgetting have all been a part of Central's staff at sometime. I think Scenters is coming from a great pedigree. Every head coach, had to start somewhere, and I would venture to say that kypride has never spoken to Coach Scenters. Garrard has picked up a gem. He's got the knowledge, the drive, and I've heard he would be surrounding himself with a great group of young and hungry coaches, that will surely turn things around at Garrard.

 

Congratulations Coach Scenters!!!! I'm sure you're excited and anxious to get started.

Lets see. Just say that Doug Preston did withdraw. That leaves Johny Pointer and LCA assistant. Pointer Head Coach at 2 different schools. Turned both into winners. Has a ring with Dudley at Bourbon.

LCA assistant also worked with Rains obviously, Dave Campbell, Tom Larkey, Sam Simpson and Bill Cronin. 22 playoff wins and 2 trips to the state final.

Congragulations to Mark Scenters. He has earned a head coaching job and he will do a great job at Garrard County. Madison Central loses a great football coach.

Congrats Coach Scenters! Great guy, with an incredible drive and will work his tail off to make Garrard a winner.....and as much as I hate to agree with the Golfer, this is a huge loss for Madison Central. Mark has done a lot of the thankless jobs for the Indian program over the years (along with all his coaching duties) and is going to be missed a ton....

Coach Scenters is a great coach and a better person. He will build a program focused on helping his players become better men and winning football games will be a bi-product of that mission. He has his priorities straight as a coach and mentor to young people. With an outstanding football IQ and work ethic he will build a successful football program at Garrard. I'm sure he already has a few coaches committed to coming with him and one I know for sure is just as outstanding a person as he is. Good luck to Coach Scenters and his staff at Garrard!:thumb:

Glad to hear the information. Sounds like Scenters is a good get for Garrard. I hope is has tremendous success with the Golden Lions for many years to come.

This is a great hire......Coach Scenters is more than deserving, and I'm glad to see such a good person get the job.

How old is Coach Scenters? Where is he originally from? Where did he play college football?

 

Everything previously mentioned makes him sound like a good choice for the Garrard program. I'm just looking for some biographical information.

I thinik that this is something, considering how everyone on here had their had named the coach a long time ago, and here we have someone that I don't think was even mentioned in any threads (I could be wrong and correct me if I am.)

 

Point being, you never know who is going to be hired until the actually announcement.

Congrats to Coach Scenters. The Briar Jumpers look forward to seeing you on the field.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.