Garrard Hires Scenters as Head Coach

Great person, right traits off the field, molds young men to be successful, moral vaules, great role model, what we need in our schools more than anything else in today's society......yada yada yada. If Scenters doesn't win and win big withing the next 3-4 years the same vultures that wanted Stonbraker gone will swoop in and eat him alive too.

Goodluck to Coach Scenters!

Blockbuster, you nailed it. Stonebraker went through the same thing. He was an icon when he first got to Garrard, especially with the success he had early. When the talent level fell, the love and open arms of the Garrard faithful were no more. The vultures that Blockbuster talks of are the members of the Lion Pride Association and certain members of Garrard's local paper - they all work together in unison. I truly hope that Coach Scenters does a good job at Garrard, but if he does not, you will definitely see the vultures flying. (Especially the one that sit near the end zone at the home games)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what the Central Record said. I have heard the same thing from some other individuals in the community and I was told that it was discussed by the local alumni association at their recent meeting.

I am very happy for Mark. I've known him for several years and I think Garrard County got a very good coach. More importantly the players good a very good man. He will be a good role model on and off the field.

I have had many dealings with Coach Centers and have nothing but found memories of him.

I definitely plan on attending a Garrard County game next season.

Coach Stoney is now the Offensive Coordinator at P.L. Dunbar. Good spot for a terrific young offensive coach.

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be traveling to Dunbar to catch their games. I hope Coach Stonebraker the best and I'm sure he'll do a great job!

Roy, I don't know how big of a Stonebreaker fan I'd be if I were you. The Dunbar job has been posted quite a while. He dumped Garrard as the head, to be an assistant at PLD. I would take that as a slap in the face if I were a Garrard fan (which I am).

I wouldn't travel to Dunbar just to watch them underacheive another year. Stay at home and embrace the new guy, Scenters. Meet the coach some day...you won't be disappointed. He's a real humble and balanced person. Has excellent priorities, and actually stands behind them and believes in them. Haven't know Coach Scenters for very long, but as far as the coaching world is concerned, he is a grade A class act. He will bring good football back to Garrard.

Roy, I don't know how big of a Stonebreaker fan I'd be if I were you. The Dunbar job has been posted quite a while. He dumped Garrard as the head, to be an assistant at PLD. I would take that as a slap in the face if I were a Garrard fan (which I am).

I wouldn't travel to Dunbar just to watch them underacheive another year. Stay at home and embrace the new guy, Scenters. Meet the coach some day...you won't be disappointed. He's a real humble and balanced person. Has excellent priorities, and actually stands behind them and believes in them. Haven't know Coach Scenters for very long, but as far as the coaching world is concerned, he is a grade A class act. He will bring good football back to Garrard.

I'm pretty sure that Coach Stonebreaker didn't dump Garrard for Dunbar.He was forced to resign . He had one of those either or options.

He's a real humble and balanced person. Has excellent priorities, and actually stands behind them and believes in them. Haven't know Coach Scenters for very long, but as far as the coaching world is concerned, he is a grade A class act. He will bring good football back to Garrard.
And if he doesn't bring good football back to Garrard he will be ridden out of down quickly in spite of all the "good qualities" you say Coach Scenters brings to the job.

And if he doesn't bring good football back to Garrard he will be ridden out of down quickly in spite of all the "good qualities" you say Coach Scenters brings to the job.

He should be able to win, has several good players coming back in a fairly weak district. If he can not win with that team he should be run out of town. Of course he has no experience dealing with all the things that come with being a head coach.

I've recently gotten to know Coach Stonebraker and he seems to be a great person. I've been able to watch alot of Garrard's games and I like his style of play. I think he's a very good coach and it was unfortunate to see his tenure end like it did - (like I said earlier...."a few in the community who wanted to activate their personal interest." Unfortunately those who I speak of didn't get their man. However, I do not know Coach Scenters and I honestly want and hope that he does a good job. There is nothing negative to say about Coach Scenters, I don't know him. From all the qualities that everyone says about him it sounds like he's a great guy and a good hire for Garrard Co. I just hope that he does not suffer the same fate as Coach Stonebraker and his staff did. It seems that the expecatations for GC football, to some, is within comparison to USC (Winning - Not Uniforms). What I seem to not find is the same desire to support and help as compared to the "expectations to win." Maybe if some would find ways to support and help Coach Scenters if he goes through some hard times instead of sitting at the end of field or in the football team's fieldhouse and dogging everything - the program may move forward again. How long with the shine last with the new coach when the so-called "football legends" at Garrard are never satisfied?? I just think Coach Stonebraker's demise was unfortunate and I will continue to support him as well. I hope that he does a great job at Dunbar. In all, Coach Scenters....Good Luck - Coach Stonebraker.....Good Luck!

Roy, I apologize then...I didn't realize that Stonebreaker had been ran off. I had just heard he resigned. My comment was out of line, but unknowingly out of line.

How does Garrard have "Legends"? Much less those that can have such a negative impact on the program. Has Garrard ever won state? Granted they've had some really tough teams. It is a shame that any program has that kind of support. Positive support is somthing you can't put a price on, but negative support is like a cancer. Those guys should be ashamed of themselves.

I will see Dunbar this year (see them at least once a year, living in the area), I plan on catching a Garrard game as well. Good Luck to both as well.