Everything posted by FBF015
-
Highlands/Bryan Station Updates
If you were to ask any football coach in the Lexington area, they would agree that there has always been tons of talent and speed at Bryan Station. I guess I would have to say I am shocked too, but not suprised that this could happen to Highlands.
-
Highlands/Bryan Station Updates
This is not suprising.... BS is always loaded with athletes and it looks like they have finally got them to start playing in true form.
-
Advice for (the Covington Catholic) coaches....
Man, I am glad that I am not in NKY. Still suprised to see this post is still up.
-
Johnson Central/Woodford County Predictions
Did anyone see the game from last year??????????????? WC was up big at the half and that was at JC. Hello... this game is being played at Woodford. End of Story! WC 35 JC 6
-
John Hardin 42 Woodford Co. 14
I heard that Woodford lost their QB early in the 1st half? If that is true, then I would think it may have been a bit more competative?
-
Woodford County/John Hardin Predictions
Can JH really score 42 points?
-
Clark County/Woodford County scrimmmage
Check back this time next Saturday... yet to be played.
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Also, I have noticed that some other schools are playing other teams outside the state. I am sure some of those games will be good games to watch too. But in my opinion, there is nothing better than see a good bowl game between two top notch programs in Kentucky.
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Well I don't know that much about Bishop Chatard, so I couldn't claim them playing in one of the best week 1 games. I could be wrong. What do you know about them?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Who is Lincoln Co. playing?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
I pick the Blackcats in this one too. I believe that when they played each other in the 80's, they were some good games. Does anyone have any info going that far back?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
How many players did John Hardin lose from last year? I have heard they lost alot to graduation and then I heard they where returning everyone?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Speaking of the Ray Correll Bowl, what kind of game will Somerset and South Western play?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Don't know how I overlooked that one? Where is this game being played at?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
These are my top 10 games that I would recommend anyone to go watch. If you can think of any others, please post them on here and tell us why.
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
John Hardin vs Woodford Co. You have two of the top 10 schools in class 5A playing a week 1 game. This sounds like a playoff matchup! John Hardin will be looking to role on with their success from last year, but an eager and very dangerous WC team could play spoilers? I look for this to be a BIG TIME game for Week 1. Breathitt Co vs Johnson Central Two big time Mountain Schools will play in what should be a good match up for both teams. BC has the tradition and players aiming for another run at a title and JC will be wanting to prove that they are the team to beat. Look for BC to win, but it may be close?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Knox Central vs Clay Co It appears that KC is on the right path with their new high school and facilities. Clay Co has been very successful with their senior QB and he will run their offense in play off style! I give the edge to Clay.
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Madison Southern vs Anderson CO. Anderson had a very successful year this past season and I am sure they are looking to continue that this year. MS should be competative for AC. Letcher Co. Central vs Harlan Co. Alot of hype is surrounding Harlan with a new team and new coach with state championship experience. Add the success that LCC had last year, this should be a hard hitting game.
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
Pikeville vs Corbin Speaking of Mountain Football, this should be a hard hitting game! Both schools have strong traditions and state titles in their programs. Newport Central Catholic vs Simon Kenton Northern KY should be rocking with this match up. I dont know alot about SK, but NCC will put out some good football, Looking for another state title?
-
The Best Week 1 Games to watch
After comparing all of the games for week 1, I decided to make a list of games that I think will be good football to watch with big time match ups. If you are wondering which games would be best to watch, here is a list: Warren Central vs Boyle Co WC is a top 10 in 5A and Boyle Co is looking to rebound back to their traditionally ways. Mayfield vs Fort Campbell Sounds like a state championship game for Class A, need I say more? Prestonsburg vs Paintsville Anytime these two schools hook up, you are going to see some good football. Paintsville may be down, but Mountain Football is fun to watch. Plus these two school have a rich past.
-
How about a 16 team playoff now that we have 6 classes
This is giving me a headache.
-
A change from Districts to Conferences?
EKU....you are the man! Enjoy your names on some of those conferences!
-
A change from Districts to Conferences?
EKYAlum05 has the right idea here....
-
A change from Districts to Conferences?
By no means do I think this would be another BCS mess. Certain rules and guidelines would have to be in place. For example, each class would still take the top 32 (or we could say 16) teams from each class for the playoffs. How would the top teams from each class be determined? Wins and your strength of schedule could be a factor. Perhaps a team must have at least a .500 record to have a shot? Must have won at least 6 games? There are a ton of options that would be applied to this to make it fair for everyone. Right now, we have people complaining about 4 team districts and everyone makes the playoffs. Is that fair??? If we had the coaches association make up a system that was fair for everyone and everyone agreed to it, then I would see no problem with football in kentucky going to a conference setup. Again the idea of going to a conference, is to play closer games. There would no longer be a district set up. Your conference could be set up with teams from different classes. (the idea of playing closer games.) You would play 10 games still, play everyone in your conference, and play the remaining games with whomever. When the playoffs roll around, then you would play within your class, taking this to a district, regional, semi-state, state championship format (like we have now). Seedings would have to take place to determine who would play where. Again, this is something that the coaches association could determine how we would set this up (or the KHSAA.) I was hoping this would be more for fun to see who would set up a conference with what teams (not to make anyone upset.) It is good sometimes to think outside the box and see what others may be thinking with a different view on an idea (not to slam the idea down and jump to conclusions about what is fair and not fair.)
-
A change from Districts to Conferences?
With the movement of higher gas prices and the fact that some school districts are not allowing their sport programs to schedule long distance games, could Kentucky see a change from district games to conferences games? This is something that other states do. Schools would still stay in the same class (A, AA, AAA, etc...) and would still play for a state title in that class against teams from the same class, but in the regular season they would play a conference schedule instead of a district. The conference could be any team within your area (could be of any class as well) and your playoff chances would depend on a ranking system combine with a point system. (I know that some may not like the idea of the points and ranks.) I know that some schools would enjoy playing teams closer to home and it would make bigger rivials. The conferences could consist of any number of teams and yes, if you did not want to be in a conference, you would not have to. But I would think that every team would want to be in one. So what are your thoughts and what are some teams that your would like to see put into a conference (must be close to each other, that is the idea of this) and what would you name the conference??