Who was the strongest player to ever play Kentucky high school football?

Diogenes

590 ? that may be a world record that is an awful lot of wheight for a Bench Press Thats 12 45# plates that sure seems like alot was this a type-o Not saying it cant be true just hard to believe.

A world record for a high school kid but no where close to the world record.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon Gross - Rowan County

I have seen him bench over 600 pounds and that's not a typo. He squatted so much one time that it bent the 45 pound bar. I have actually witnessed these things and I'm not exaggerating. In high school, he placed in the TEAM weightlifting competition at the state level and he was the only person on the team.

Shannon Gross - Rowan County

I have seen him bench over 600 pounds and that's not a typo. He squatted so much one time that it bent the 45 pound bar. I have actually witnessed these things and I'm not exaggerating. In high school, he placed in the TEAM weightlifting competition at the state level and he was the only person on the team.

Shannon was one of the strongest people on MSU's team when i played there too. I remember walking in and seeing him rep out 315 for reps on the military press.

No way.............:confused: :confused:

It is a fact. Check with players from UK who played with Vernon. Realize that this was his 5th year in college not in high school when he hit this mark and that record was broken several years later (605lbs I believe) by another UK lineman. I cannot remember what his bench press max was in high school, but it was impressive.

Ryan Kennelly benched 860lbs

Scott Mendleson benched 875lbs

The world record is WAY beyond the 550lbs mentioned earlier.

http://www.criticalbench.com/bench-press-world-record.htm

Ryan "BenchMonster" Kennelly was the first lifter to officially bench press 800 pounds and he has pressed 700+ pounds over 30 times in competition. Leading up to the 2005 World Championships, Kennelly had medaled at 3 consecutive Arnold Classics

Most of the guys mentioned on here are big guys. Most are probally around 300lbs. I just wanted to throw another name out there. Micheal Jackson from Woodford Co. Known mainly for wrestling i believe he played football too. It was rumored that he Benched over 300lbs. He wrestled at 119lbs.