Tennessee 103 Kentucky 92

39 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

No one said this lol

Quite evident that’s the case and should be addressed but once again we know that’s not going to happen, complete debacle by the administration and UK Athletic Director!!

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

When your head coach says he’s too good to change things for the good of his team, then very plain and simple he needs to go home!!!!!!

This is said in the same season when people have talked about how great it was the Calipari changed offensively and we are shooting so many 3's with no back to the basket big man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

Quite evident that’s the case and should be addressed but once again we know that’s not going to happen, complete debacle by the administration and UK Athletic Director!!

How tough is it to accept that Reed Sheppard needing to start and play way more minutes wasn't the answer? Team has looked much worse with those two things happening.

Team was playing good (not great) and winning with a healthy Wagner and Edwards starting, with Dilly and Reed off the bench. That changed, some got their wishes after harping on it for a month and the wheels fell off.

Maybe just a coincidence. I don't think it is. Their defense is way worse off now that Reed and Dilly are playing so much more. And the offense is better when Reed isn't the main one responsible for getting us setup because he struggles with that much ball pressure bringing it up the court. He's proven he is better off coming off the bench In a different role and that's where he excelled. 

Or...fire Cal instead.

Wagner is crucial to this team. Been saying it before the last two games but I think it's even more evident now.

• Like 4

It annoys me that Calipari never tries zone but I honestly don't blame him. This team is too dumb and undisciplined when playing man D, which should be even easier, from a principles standpoint.

We will switch to zone and get destroyed for 2-3 posessions, but I guess how's that any different.

20 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

It annoys me that Calipari never tries zone but I honestly don't blame him. This team is too dumb and undisciplined when playing man D, which should be even easier, from a principles standpoint.

We will switch to zone and get destroyed for 2-3 posessions, but I guess how's that any different.

You’re on my wavelength. They get lost guarding their own guy, so not sure a zone will improve that. But yeah, at this point what does it matter?

• Like 1

Cal is right that championship level teams typically don’t play zone. The Boeheim Syracuse teams specifically recruited for the 2-3. They got long, athletic guys that could get into passing lanes, close out on shooters quickly, obstruct shots, trap in the 1/2 court and chase down loose balls since rebounding is tougher out of a zone. They sacrificed a lot of other things to recruit those type of kids but it worked out for them. UK doesn’t have those type of kids but at this point they could benefit from going some zone just as a change up. Because right now everyone being able to prepare for man to man is resulting in 90 plus point games. 

4 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

This is said in the same season when people have talked about how great it was the Calipari changed offensively and we are shooting so many 3's with no back to the basket big man.

With nothing but a bunch of guards, this wasn’t exactly a tough move to make!

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The coach is responsible for making dumb players understand!!

One of the only positives I think I can take away from last night. I thought Edwards might have had his best game. Looked for his shot. Liked him driving to the lane and pulling up. Thought he did a decent job on D too.

Made a couple shots and then disappeared, which was an improvement.

How tough is it to accept that Reed Sheppard needing to start and play way more minutes wasn't the answer? Team has looked much worse with those two things happening.

Team was playing good (not great) and winning with a healthy Wagner and Edwards starting, with Dilly and Reed off the bench. That changed, some got their wishes after harping on it for a month and the wheels fell off.

Maybe just a coincidence. I don't think it is. Their defense is way worse off now that Reed and Dilly are playing so much more. And the offense is better when Reed isn't the main one responsible for getting us setup because he struggles with that much ball pressure bringing it up the court. He's proven he is better off coming off the bench In a different role and that's where he excelled. 

Or...fire Cal instead.

Wagner is crucial to this team. Been saying it before the last two games but I think it's even more evident now.

Reed starting was a no brainer, and yes, it was the answer to more stability and less turnovers, wins haven’t came but Wagner definitely needs to come off the pine.

1 minute ago, nikeman49 said:

Reed starting was a no brainer, and yes, it was the answer to more stability and less turnovers, wins haven’t came but Wagner definitely needs to come off the pine.

Welp… I wasn’t sure how much credibility you had left but you threw it away suggesting Sheppard starts over a fully healthy Wagner.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

They've looked terrible with Sheppard starting. That's not debatable. According to some, he was supposed to fix the slow starts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1