CFP Final Rankings

TheDeuce

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ll play. For arguments sake, no.

Why isn’t Georgia in?

They probably should be, but who do you take out?

FSU has no argument beyond winning the ACC, they aren't a top 6 (OSU would beat them too) team at all.

Bama losing to Texas cost UGA a spot. If Bama beats Texas they have 2 losses (out) and Bama Georgia yesterday is between two undefeated teams. With just a 3 point difference, both would be in with Michigan and Washington ahead of FSU again.

12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Playing devil's advocate - Georgia lost their conference championship. The top 5 are the champions of the P5 conferences. The committee says FSU is the weakest of those champions at this point in the season.

And they also say wins and losses don’t matter in this case. 

8 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They probably should be, but who do you take out?

FSU has no argument beyond winning the ACC, they aren't a top 6 (OSU would beat them too) team at all.

Bama losing to Texas cost UGA a spot. If Bama beats Texas they have 2 losses (out) and Bama Georgia yesterday is between two undefeated teams. With just a 3 point difference, both would be in with Michigan and Washington ahead of FSU again.

So records don’t matter all of a sudden? 

I am not sure if anyone else noticed that when ESPN was ready to revel the last New Year 6 Bowl teams Davis said if Liberty is chosen over SMU who won their conference championship and directed it at Booger McFarland as he was the only one on the panel that was adamant that Florida State should have been in the playoff. I don't know if it was Davis or the producers at ESPN but when they came back to the panel after the revel McFarland was gone and replaced by Robert Griffin III. He has not been back on the set.

Just now, DragonFire said:

Pretty sure they had to as they didn’t have enough bowl eligible teams otherwise. 

I find that hard to believe. I know they said that, but for example the Sun Belt that James Madison is now in along with App State and Costal Carolina they actually had 12 of their 14 teams have records 6-6 0r better. I assume the lesser conferences can only take 2 or 3 teams.

5 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I find that hard to believe. I know they said that, but for example the Sun Belt that James Madison is now in along with App State and Costal Carolina they actually had 12 of their 14 teams have records 6-6 0r better. I assume the lesser conferences can only take 2 or 3 teams.

There were literally more bowl slots than there were 6+ win teams without James Madison. Jacksonville State got in for same reason. I don’t know what’s hard to believe - that is literally the reason. 

Just now, DragonFire said:

There were literally more bowl slots than there were 6+ win teams without James Madison. Jacksonville State got in for same reason. I don’t know what’s hard to believe - that is literally the reason. 

So you are telling me besides Appy State, JMU, and Coastal Carolina that have already been placed in bowls. That all of these teams from the Sun Belt are going bowling as well because they are all bowl eligible. They are: Georgia State, Marshall, Old Dominion, Georgia Southern, Texas State, South Alabama, Arkansas State, Louisiana Lafayette all of these teams finished 6-6 or better. I'm just trying to understand.