Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Keenan Burton to decide today

Featured Replies

  • Author

I still don't understand how UK can risk their #1 WR and #1 RB in the return game. It baffles me, especially since both have proven to be injury prone.

 

Brooks is not limited to a 53 man roster.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still don't understand how UK can risk their #1 WR and #1 RB in the return game. It baffles me, especially since both have proven to be injury prone.

 

Brooks is not limited to a 53 man roster.

 

It's pretty easy to understand considering how good they are. UK isn't good enough to sacrifice potential big plays from their special teams...those guys can make game changing plays in the return game, so they absolutely should be out there, IMO. You have to put your best players out there to give your team the best chance to win...injuries are a risk no matter what. I guess everyone has a different opinion on this issue, but I just think you put your best players on the field and forget about the injuries...if they happen, they happen. You can't play the game worrying about it.

I still don't understand how UK can risk their #1 WR and #1 RB in the return game. It baffles me, especially since both have proven to be injury prone.

 

Brooks is not limited to a 53 man roster.

The list of star players who were return men in college is long.

  • Author
The list of star players who were return men in college is long.
And the list of teams that can afford to lose BOTH their starting RB and WR is short. UK is not on that list, IMO. UK puts a lot of eggs in that return basket, especially since both players have lost time to injury.

 

I understand why Brooks does it. I'm not an idiot. I just couldn't bring myself to do it if I were in his shoes. They NEED those guys.

And the list of teams that can afford to lose BOTH their starting RB and WR is short. UK is not on that list, IMO. UK puts a lot of eggs in that return basket, especially since both players have lost time to injury.

 

I understand why Brooks does it. I'm not an idiot. I just couldn't bring myself to do it if I were in his shoes. They NEED those guys.

Well then tell your boy not to bolt ;)

I guess sometimes you do what you need to do to win. I've noticed Andy Reid has had Brian Westbrook back returning punts lately.

And the list of teams that can afford to lose BOTH their starting RB and WR is short. UK is not on that list, IMO. UK puts a lot of eggs in that return basket, especially since both players have lost time to injury.

 

I understand why Brooks does it. I'm not an idiot. I just couldn't bring myself to do it if I were in his shoes. They NEED those guys.

 

I can see your point. Like I said, everyone has their own opinion on putting stars in the return game.

 

Here are a few factors in UK's case that leads me to agree with the decision...

 

 

Burton and Little are great return men. They are a threat to score on any return. If they don't score, they can give you great field position. The field position is important not only because it puts the offense in a position to put points on the board, but also because UK is suspect on defense. It helps keep the defense in better positions. Also, since UK often has a few swing games (teams like South Carolina) in which they have a reasonable shot at winning, but it's going to be close, those big special teams plays can often make the difference. UK needs those plays to win...they need to have an advantage in special teams and Little and Burton can go a long way toward giving it to them.

 

I realize if one of them gets hurt on a return, then it's a big loss for the offense, but I think you have to give your team it's best chance for success. And having those two return kicks does that.

I guess sometimes you do what you need to do to win. I've noticed Andy Reid has had Brian Westbrook back returning punts lately.

 

:thumb:

I know it was expected but Rafael Little announced today that he will return to UK for his senior season...

Burton will announce tommorrow at a 12:30 press conference his intentions for next season...

I think he wants to go pro, but I think it's in his best interest to stay. With nearly everyone back, Kentucky will likely be in or around the top 25 and hopefully get some more exposure. Plus he's not as good as Dwayne Jarrett, Calvin Johnson etc.

I think he wants to go pro, but I think it's in his best interest to stay. With nearly everyone back, Kentucky will likely be in or around the top 25 and hopefully get some more exposure. Plus he's not as good as Dwayne Jarrett, Calvin Johnson etc.

 

Arguable, IMO.

 

But I would think it's in his best interest to stay as well.

Arguable, IMO.

 

But I would think it's in his best interest to stay as well.

 

Which part is arguable?

Which part is arguable?

The part were he could go to the NFL now and be fairly confident of getting some decent cash, or coming back next year breaking a leg and never getting drafted. That is the part that is arguable. That said I think he would be better off risking it and coming back and improve his draft status. But I think the point is debatable. Same goes for Brian Brohm or any Junior that would probably make a team in the NFL this spring.

With a scheduled press conference I say he is gone. It would be nice to see him back at UK but if he goes I hope it is the right decision for him. I wish him the best regardless of where he plays next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.