Keenan Burton to decide today

02Ram54

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burton is a great player, but I think you could make a case for Woodson, Little, and even Woodyard as top UK players. Regardless, I hope Burton decides to play another year at UK. With Jarret (USC), Smith (USC), Johnson (Georgia Tech), Baker (Florida), Samardja (Notre Dame) all WR's in this year's draft, it may be smart to come back another year.

If he wants that huge payday and the huge signing bonus he will stay at UK for another year, this draft is just too deep at WR, he'd be lucky to go in the first round, most likely late 2nd. If he stays and has a big year like this one, easy first rounder, possibly top 10 or 15

He may be the best football player. However, he is not the most important football player when it comes to the success of the team.

He's been a huge asset to the entire UK community.

I agree. Burton is a vital part for sure but it takes effort by all involved for the program to run. Woodyard & Woodson are big time contributors.

I've read several times and have missed it as well.

You asked Ram if he was a relative of Burton, or if he went to school with him simply because Ram though Burton was UK's best player. When Log Mountain Boy echoed the same sentiments as Ram, Ram sarcasticaly commented that he didn't know that LMB had gone to Louisville Manual, the same school Burton attended. I hope that clears it up for you.

If he is smart he will hit the road on a high note. The guy can't stay out of the training room. He has a history of injury on a team that just had their best season in years. Get while the getting is good. If he gets a report that he will be drafted in the first three rounds he should go and not look back. History tells us that UK's chances of having back to back good seasons is remote at best.

You asked Ram if he was a relative of Burton, or if he went to school with him simply because Ram though Burton was UK's best player. When Log Mountain Boy echoed the same sentiments as Ram, Ram sarcasticaly commented that he didn't know that LMB had gone to Louisville Manual, the same school Burton attended. I hope that clears it up for you.

Got it now. Thanks.

If Burton were to leave, I think UK would survive. He is their best reciever and big play guy, but they have several capable replacements with Lyons, Steve Johnson, Demareo Ford, Curtis Pulley, and David Jones. They also have the SEC 1st team TE in Jacob Tamme coming back and the running back position is stocked with guys who can catch the ball.

IMO, Burton would be a 4th or 5th round pick. If he continues to progress, he could go a lot higher next year. I hope he stays.

I'm hearing he is gone. But if he doesn't figure to go in the first 3 rounds, then he may reconsider.

I agree with those who think it is the best move for him to go now. He has been injury prone and he should go for the payday while he can.

I'm hearing he is gone. But if he doesn't figure to go in the first 3 rounds, then he may reconsider.

I agree with those who think it is the best move for him to go now. He has been injury prone and he should go for the payday while he can.

Can't fault a decision to go...he should get drafted. I don't see him in the top 3 rounds though...I could be wrong.

Regardless of what 02Ram says, he's not hands down the best football player UK has. LSURock brings up a good point in that he's injury prone but I disagree with you when you say he should bolt because UK probably won't have a good year next year, that's garbage.

If he's not a first or second rounder, why leave? I've heard people say he's gone for sure and others say he doesn't know. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

Regardless of what 02Ram says, he's not hands down the best football player UK has. LSURock brings up a good point in that he's injury prone but I disagree with you when you say he should bolt because UK probably won't have a good year next year, that's garbage.

If he's not a first or second rounder, why leave? I've heard people say he's gone for sure and others say he doesn't know. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

"that's garbage"? I've got fifty years of history backing up my claim. You've got......?

Keenan isn't the best player on the team, Woodson is, by far. However Burton could be the best, if he finishes out his career and has an exceptional season next year. However I think most UK fans realise he's gone, at this point. He'll be a 2nd round draft pick at best this season, with the WR crew thats coming out, but it's hard to turn down the money. I, as most UK fans do, hope Keenan comes back for another year and makes it in the first round of the draft after another good season and bowl win. But like I said... "Show me the money!"