Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Keenan Burton to decide today

Featured Replies

C'mon. You've gotten much better accolades from other upstanding members of the BGP community (like me!:D)

Don't get me wrong, said accolades from people that you don't usually fall in-step with do mean the most. :thumb:

  • Replies 112
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keenan makes it possible for the other weapons to opperate by making himself the defensive focus.

 

 

Considering the fact that before this year, his career best in rec. yards was 365 yards...I really doubt he was the main focus of the defense. I'd say that after last season, Rafael Little made himself the focus of most D's preparing to play UK...

 

Keenan Burton is a great player, a heck of an athlete and could very well be a great WR in the pros one day...heck he might be the best football player on UK's team...but if he leaves it will not hurt them as much as a Rafael Little or a Andre Woodson leaving would...

Considering the fact that before this year, his career best in rec. yards was 365 yards...I really doubt he was the main focus of the defense. I'd say that after last season, Rafael Little made himself the focus of most D's preparing to play UK...

 

Keenan Burton is a great player, a heck of an athlete and could very well be a great WR in the pros one day...heck he might be the best football player on UK's team...but if he leaves it will not hurt them as much as a Rafael Little or a Andre Woodson leaving would...

 

I'm with you. I think the reason that Burton and Lyons had great seasons is because defenses had to shutdown Little, which opened the offense up.

  • Author
I'm with you. I think the reason that Burton and Lyons had great seasons is because defenses had to shutdown Little, which opened the offense up.
Little didn't even PLAY a lot his season, and a significant portion of what he did play he was well under 100%.
Little didn't even PLAY a lot his season, and a significant portion of what he did play he was well under 100%.

 

Little is the man on UK's team.

  • Author
Little is the man on UK's team.
Regardless, how was he the focus and opening things up for Burton, when he wasn't even playing?

Burton could use another year of bulking up and padding his stats and bringing his stock up. But my money says he makes a big mistake and jumps to the NFL anyway especially after his friend Michael Bush just declared.I wish him the best whatever he decides because he is a class act.

Woodyard is the best Player on the team.

 

however, Burton is the 2nd best offensive player.

 

I agree with you Warrior. I think he should stay but with Michael Bush going pro, it would not surprise me to see Burton leave early.

I think it is in Burton's best interest to stay where he is. He is a solid All-SEC WR. He needs one more year to solidify his stock in the draft. Right now he would probably be anywhere from the 3rd-4th round and on.

Little didn't even PLAY a lot his season, and a significant portion of what he did play he was well under 100%.

 

 

Considering Burton done really nothing in his freshman and sophmore years to make himself the "Focus" how could he be considered the focus of the D?

  • Author
Considering Burton done really nothing in his freshman and sophmore years to make himself the "Focus" how could he be considered the focus of the D?
Lyons attributed all his success on the field this season to defenses rolling to Burton. Phillips and Brooks have both said that he draws the defenses.

 

But I guess that's not true.

I sure hope Burton stays. Take a look at Azibuke he should have stayed the extra year.

Lyons attributed all his success on the field this season to defenses rolling to Burton. Phillips and Brooks have both said that he draws the defenses.

 

But I guess that's not true.

 

 

I'm sure Burton was the focus at times, but was he the main focus of the D for most of the time? Who knows? I think you are being a little subjective here regardless...

Keenan Scored UK's first TD his freshman year. He's the man for UK, IMO. And I think it'd be great for UK if he stayed. I'm not sure if that's likely to happen or not, though. I think I'll finally have an NFL team to cheer for, wherever he goes.

Burton was/is a huge key to UK's offensive success. Him staying healthy is a very important reason why Andre Woodson had his breakout year. If you'll reacall, Woodson had some decent games the previous year when Burton was in the lineup...Burton's injury destroyed the UK offense two years ago. I know Woodson made some personal improvements as well, but it's absurd to downplay the affect that Burton's presence had for him, and the rest of the offense. I'm not sure who is the better player, he or Little...but we have better depth at RB so we can absorb the loss of Little better.

 

Losing Keenan would be a big setback for our offense, I think. The good news is that Woodson and company should be better prepared to adjust without him now than they previously were. I'm hoping we don't have to find out. I'm hoping for a healthy Woodson, Little and Burton...if so, I think UK could have one of the best set of triplets in college football and a highly explosive offense. Not to mention Little and Burton's effectiveness in the return game...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.