Keenan Burton to decide today

02Ram54

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keenan makes it possible for the other weapons to opperate by making himself the defensive focus.

Considering the fact that before this year, his career best in rec. yards was 365 yards...I really doubt he was the main focus of the defense. I'd say that after last season, Rafael Little made himself the focus of most D's preparing to play UK...

Keenan Burton is a great player, a heck of an athlete and could very well be a great WR in the pros one day...heck he might be the best football player on UK's team...but if he leaves it will not hurt them as much as a Rafael Little or a Andre Woodson leaving would...

Considering the fact that before this year, his career best in rec. yards was 365 yards...I really doubt he was the main focus of the defense. I'd say that after last season, Rafael Little made himself the focus of most D's preparing to play UK...

Keenan Burton is a great player, a heck of an athlete and could very well be a great WR in the pros one day...heck he might be the best football player on UK's team...but if he leaves it will not hurt them as much as a Rafael Little or a Andre Woodson leaving would...

I'm with you. I think the reason that Burton and Lyons had great seasons is because defenses had to shutdown Little, which opened the offense up.

I'm with you. I think the reason that Burton and Lyons had great seasons is because defenses had to shutdown Little, which opened the offense up.
Little didn't even PLAY a lot his season, and a significant portion of what he did play he was well under 100%.

Burton could use another year of bulking up and padding his stats and bringing his stock up. But my money says he makes a big mistake and jumps to the NFL anyway especially after his friend Michael Bush just declared.I wish him the best whatever he decides because he is a class act.

Little didn't even PLAY a lot his season, and a significant portion of what he did play he was well under 100%.

Considering Burton done really nothing in his freshman and sophmore years to make himself the "Focus" how could he be considered the focus of the D?

Considering Burton done really nothing in his freshman and sophmore years to make himself the "Focus" how could he be considered the focus of the D?
Lyons attributed all his success on the field this season to defenses rolling to Burton. Phillips and Brooks have both said that he draws the defenses.

But I guess that's not true.

Lyons attributed all his success on the field this season to defenses rolling to Burton. Phillips and Brooks have both said that he draws the defenses.

But I guess that's not true.

I'm sure Burton was the focus at times, but was he the main focus of the D for most of the time? Who knows? I think you are being a little subjective here regardless...

Keenan Scored UK's first TD his freshman year. He's the man for UK, IMO. And I think it'd be great for UK if he stayed. I'm not sure if that's likely to happen or not, though. I think I'll finally have an NFL team to cheer for, wherever he goes.

Burton was/is a huge key to UK's offensive success. Him staying healthy is a very important reason why Andre Woodson had his breakout year. If you'll reacall, Woodson had some decent games the previous year when Burton was in the lineup...Burton's injury destroyed the UK offense two years ago. I know Woodson made some personal improvements as well, but it's absurd to downplay the affect that Burton's presence had for him, and the rest of the offense. I'm not sure who is the better player, he or Little...but we have better depth at RB so we can absorb the loss of Little better.

Losing Keenan would be a big setback for our offense, I think. The good news is that Woodson and company should be better prepared to adjust without him now than they previously were. I'm hoping we don't have to find out. I'm hoping for a healthy Woodson, Little and Burton...if so, I think UK could have one of the best set of triplets in college football and a highly explosive offense. Not to mention Little and Burton's effectiveness in the return game...