Lamar Jackson Contract

bugatti

23 minutes ago, theguru said:

Lamar can't get out of his own way, what a dummy.

Haha.  It’s all about who you surround yourself with.  Fortunately/unfortunately, I will never have to worry about being in that position as a professional athlete. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sportsfan41 said:

Haha.  It’s all about who you surround yourself with.  Fortunately/unfortunately, I will never have to worry about being in that position as a professional athlete. 

I don't know how it works but Lamar should be disciplined too. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I don't know how it works but Lamar should be disciplined too. 

He needs to be careful with that.  I could see him trying to say he knew nothing about it and then get caught in a lie.  If it's legit, just own it and move on.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

He needs to be careful with that.  I could see him trying to say he knew nothing about it and then get caught in a lie.  If it's legit, just own it and move on.  

I agree and if there is an actual investigation into Lamar and he lies about it I would suspend him. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree and if there is an actual investigation into Lamar and he lies about it I would suspend him. 

Which in turn puts him at a disadvantage while trying to get a contract with any team.

Not sure how many in here watched the HBO series Ballers.  When I think of Jackson's situation unfolding, I can't help but think about how the agents in that show would've treated this.  They would all be saying to their players/potential players, this is why you need a guy you can trust with a team you can trust.  

Who knows if this guy actually “negotiated” or not for Lamar? But both of their responses to the situation didn’t eliminate the notion there may have been some level of contact. Regardless, the damage has been done and Lamar is writing his own playbook on how to blow a negotiation. He’s not going to win this in the court or public opinion by going on twitter either. This is chess vs. checkers.

9 hours ago, theguru said:

I know this gets under some people's skin but according to Google Lamar scored a 13 on the Wonderlic so nothing here surprises me.

Yet he's still a unanimous MVP and most dynamic player in the NFL. 

• Like 1

"In 2022, the league revamped several of the activities in which Combine participants would partake, including some positional drills for wide receivers, tight ends, running backs, and offensive linemen. As part of what NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent called “an overall audit of all of the assessments,” the league also removed the Wonderlic test.

“Frankly, it’s been an outdated process,” Vincent explained.

Historically, the use of the Wonderlic test had been criticized by media outlets for a variety of reasons, most notably because of the exam’s apparent irrelevance to players’ on-field success.

According to Robert O’Connell of the New York Times, “No statistically significant correlation between a player’s Wonderlic score and his on-field performance has ever been documented."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/why-did-the-nfl-get-rid-of-the-wonderlic-test/

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

"In 2022, the league revamped several of the activities in which Combine participants would partake, including some positional drills for wide receivers, tight ends, running backs, and offensive linemen. As part of what NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent called “an overall audit of all of the assessments,” the league also removed the Wonderlic test.

“Frankly, it’s been an outdated process,” Vincent explained.

Historically, the use of the Wonderlic test had been criticized by media outlets for a variety of reasons, most notably because of the exam’s apparent irrelevance to players’ on-field success.

According to Robert O’Connell of the New York Times, “No statistically significant correlation between a player’s Wonderlic score and his on-field performance has ever been documented."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/why-did-the-nfl-get-rid-of-the-wonderlic-test/

I know all about this but contract negotiations (anything off-field) are also a part of the NFL.