Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lamar Jackson Contract

Featured Replies

  • Author
17 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

No.

Good for Lamar. He should do it more often. 

If this is a good move by Lamar, why was he so quick to delete his tweet?

I'm not saying I co-sign on what the guy said that triggered Lamar, but on the hateful twitter scale, this remark is about 1 out of 10. Psycho-analyzing here, why I think it cut deep is because that is the kind of crap Jackson will have to hear (or has heard) from Ravens' management as they negotiate his deal. Hence why you have an agent.

This twitter lapse will all be "yesterday's news" by next Sunday.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It is about owner vs player power. Jackson just happens to be a pawn in all this and victim of the timing. Same reason NBA teams aren't going to get the haul like the Jazz did in the Rudy Goebert trad

  • If I am one of these suitors I wait until after draft, which would be my assumption as to what happens. If I am the Colts, for example, why would I give up this year's first round pick since it is the

  • People don't like when athletes stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, most view them as performers and expect them to "shut up and play." I'm glad Lamar spoke out against this clown, more athletes s

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

If this is a good move by Lamar, why was he so quick to delete his tweet?

I'm not saying I co-sign on what the guy said that triggered Lamar, but on the hateful twitter scale, this remark is about 1 out of 10. Psycho-analyzing here, why I think it cut deep is because that is the kind of crap Jackson will have to hear (or has heard) from Ravens' management as they negotiate his deal. Hence why you have an agent.

This twitter lapse will all be "yesterday's news" by next Sunday.

People don't like when athletes stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, most view them as performers and expect them to "shut up and play." I'm glad Lamar spoke out against this clown, more athletes should do it. Too many fans hide behind the protection of Twitter, or being in the stands, because they don't fear any repercussions. People need to be put in their place occasionally, buddy found that out.  

If one tweet costs him one red cent, the Ravens aren't serious about paying him, and I wouldn't play one more snap for them if I were him. 

On 11/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, TheDeuce said:

People don't like when athletes stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, most view them as performers and expect them to "shut up and play." I'm glad Lamar spoke out against this clown, more athletes should do it. Too many fans hide behind the protection of Twitter, or being in the stands, because they don't fear any repercussions. People need to be put in their place occasionally, buddy found that out.  

If one tweet costs him one red cent, the Ravens aren't serious about paying him, and I wouldn't play one more snap for them if I were him. 

While I agree that anyone in any walk of life has the right to stand up for themselves, there is a proper way to do that.  If I were a plumber and someone criticized my work, and I responded the way Lamar did (in a plumbing equivalent) I'd be fired, no questions asked.  Stand up for yourself, but do it taking the high road.

11 hours ago, The Raven said:

While I agree that anyone in any walk of life has the right to stand up for themselves, there is a proper way to do that.  If I were a plumber and someone criticized my work, and I responded the way Lamar did (in a plumbing equivalent) I'd be fired, no questions asked.  Stand up for yourself, but do it taking the high road.

To each their own. 

7 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

To each their own. 

Fair enough.  I don't disagree with Lamars stance, just the way he presented it.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:32 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

Did Lamar's NSFW tweet cost him any money? I think it probably did...got to be smarter than to clap back at fans on Twitter, especially in the manner that he did.

No. 

This is the same NFL that just handed Deshaun Watson the most guaranteed money ever.

Feels more and more likely that Lamar will be with a different team next year.

9 minutes ago, burreaux said:

Feels more and more likely that Lamar will be with a different team next year.

Hopefully in the NFC.

  • Author

As expected, Jackson had the non-exclusive franchise tag placed on him today. The Ravens can now match any offer other teams make or can get two first round picks for him.

If I had to venture a guess, he will play on the tag alone this year, no trade, no long term deal.  Just my feeble guess.  I don't think he will sit out.  He's left them in a power position and I think they've obviously exercised it.  I can't see anyone giving up 2 years of firsts and the guaranteed $ he is seeking.  Maybe I'm wrong and he won't sign the tag.

He won't sit out, but he should. 

4 hours ago, spindoc said:

If I had to venture a guess, he will play on the tag alone this year, no trade, no long term deal.  Just my feeble guess.  I don't think he will sit out.  He's left them in a power position and I think they've obviously exercised it.  I can't see anyone giving up 2 years of firsts and the guaranteed $ he is seeking.  Maybe I'm wrong and he won't sign the tag.

The Browns gave up 3 firsts and the most guaranteed money ever. I think 2 firsts and all that guaranteed money would look pretty good to a desperate team like the Jets or Falcons.

  • Author
5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

He won't sit out, but he should. 

I still believe he misplayed his hand not doing this to start last season. Again, teams will look (justifiably) at any reason to pay less. And now he is at 11 games missed due to injury the last two seasons. Not a good way to walk into the negotiating table, especially when you’re doing it yourself. 
 

I hope he gets to another team and does his thing. The NFL needs more great QBs in the NFC. The best QB in the NFC south is Derek Carr. He can make a team a division champ over night. What about TB in a return to Florida?

  • Author

Well, TB isn’t realistic, but here is a great breakdown of the Lamar situation: 

Unlike the exclusive franchise tag, the nonexclusive franchise tag does not prevent the player from soliciting competing deals in free agency from other teams—at least not totally. Lamar is able to meet with other teams on March 13, two days before free agency begins, and if he receives an offer he likes in free agency from another team, he can sign that offer sheet. At that time, the Ravens would be given a five-day period to match that offer sheet and keep Lamar on their team. If they don’t match the offer, Lamar would sign with his new team, and the new team would send two first-round picks to the Ravens as compensation.

Because the nonexclusive tag gives the player some freedom, it costs the team less than the exclusive tag. The exclusive tag for a quarterback this season was around $45 million for one year; the nonexclusive tag is only $32.4 million. For perspective: A cap hit of $45 million would make Lamar the fourth-highest paid quarterback (by total cap hit) in 2023. The nonexclusive tag figure of $32.4 million, on the other hand, is ninth. Most franchise tags used in the league are nonexclusive tags because, usually, no other team wants to spend those two extra first-round picks to sign a free agent. But in the case of a top quarterback—like Lamar—using the nonexclusive tag is a little riskier.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/3/7/23629549/lamar-jackson-baltimore-ravens-nonexclusive-franchise-tag-explainer

7 hours ago, burreaux said:

The Browns gave up 3 firsts and the most guaranteed money ever. I think 2 firsts and all that guaranteed money would look pretty good to a desperate team like the Jets or Falcons.

That move was so crazy and ignorant that it’s an outlier. I don’t think you can compare that to this when trying to gauge similar moves.
 

**And I don’t even consider this one a similar move. Lamar didn’t have 20+ women accuse him of sexual assault. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.