Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lamar Jackson Contract

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, burreaux said:

The Browns gave up 3 firsts and the most guaranteed money ever. I think 2 firsts and all that guaranteed money would look pretty good to a desperate team like the Jets or Falcons.

I think the good ole boy network will essentially work against Lamar in this one.  I'd guess all of the teams that have the capacity to make a deal like this will shy away from the guaranteed $ side of the negotiation for the best interest of the owners.  I think we'd be less than honest to think that there hasn't been collusion to the point of resetting the market for good.  I think that the owners likely would want to consider Watson the outlier never to be approached again, contractually speaking.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It is about owner vs player power. Jackson just happens to be a pawn in all this and victim of the timing. Same reason NBA teams aren't going to get the haul like the Jazz did in the Rudy Goebert trad

  • If I am one of these suitors I wait until after draft, which would be my assumption as to what happens. If I am the Colts, for example, why would I give up this year's first round pick since it is the

  • People don't like when athletes stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, most view them as performers and expect them to "shut up and play." I'm glad Lamar spoke out against this clown, more athletes s

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, spindoc said:

I think that the owners likely would want to consider Watson the outlier never to be approached again, contractually speaking.

I would typically agree with you, but then the Giants went and signed Daniel Jones to a crazy number yesterday.  I mean, if guys like him or Ryan Tannehill get these insanely high contracts for being middle-of-the-road QB's...what should a top-tier QB expect?

I mean, the guy happiest about the Giants contract who's not named Daniel Jones...is Joe Burrow's agent.

53 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I would typically agree with you, but then the Giants went and signed Daniel Jones to a crazy number yesterday.  I mean, if guys like him or Ryan Tannehill get these insanely high contracts for being middle-of-the-road QB's...what should a top-tier QB expect?

I mean, the guy happiest about the Giants contract who's not named Daniel Jones...is Joe Burrow's agent.

A tad over half of that deal is guaranteed.  That's the difference.  It's really not complicated.  82 of the 160 is fully guaranteed.  On face value it seems huge.  When in reality, it's not.  So apples to apples, his deal is 82 vs 230 guaranteed.  

  • Author
20 minutes ago, spindoc said:

A tad over half of that deal is guaranteed.  That's the difference.  It's really not complicated.  82 of the 160 is fully guaranteed.  On face value it seems huge.  When in reality, it's not.  So apples to apples, his deal is 82 vs 230 guaranteed.  

Correct. The deal Jones received and the deal Jackson seeks/deserves are not comparable.

  • Author
1 hour ago, spindoc said:

I think the good ole boy network will essentially work against Lamar in this one.  I'd guess all of the teams that have the capacity to make a deal like this will shy away from the guaranteed $ side of the negotiation for the best interest of the owners.  I think we'd be less than honest to think that there hasn't been collusion to the point of resetting the market for good.  I think that the owners likely would want to consider Watson the outlier never to be approached again, contractually speaking.

Yep. This is an owners' flex situation. It is not just about the Ravens.

And fair or not, there are still doubts about a franchise going all in on Jackson.... put aside the money. This isn't Mahomes going on the market where every team would be willing to take the plunge.

The Ravens have had the least expensive offense over the last 4 years. 

 

I'm beyond tired of hearing what LAMAR hasn't accomplished. The Ravens have failed to put a competitive offense, outside of Lamar and Andrews, on the field. Lamar is suffering because of that. 

  • Author
19 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

The Ravens have had the least expensive offense over the last 4 years. 

 

I'm beyond tired of hearing what LAMAR hasn't accomplished. The Ravens have failed to put a competitive offense, outside of Lamar and Andrews, on the field. Lamar is suffering because of that. 

On balance, the "least expensive" part is mainly due to the fact of Jackson's current contract. In 2022 the Ravens had the 8th most expensive offense in the NFL. Not really sure what that metric means. Bigger issue has been the misses at WR in the draft so it is not as if they are not trying. Two of the past four years Baltimore has drafted a WR in the first round, but they haven't hit. Brown was just ok. Now you could argue they should have gone after a top flight WR in free agency, but it is not as if there are multiple WR1's coming on the market every year.  At that, Baltimore - with Jackson LEADING it - has had a top flight offense and gotten him an MVP. So it has been plenty good. The "he hasn't had enough help" vs. "he hasn't produced enough" has become a distractionary narrative on both sides. I just hope this doesn't stunt his career... by that I mean being placed into NFL purgatory and on ice. I do feel most side with Jackson in all of this, but not sure if that means much of anything.   

7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

On balance, the "least expensive" part is mainly due to the fact of Jackson's current contract. In 2022 the Ravens had the 8th most expensive offense in the NFL. Not really sure what that metric means. Bigger issue has been the misses at WR in the draft so it is not as if they are not trying. Two of the past four years Baltimore has drafted a WR in the first round, but they haven't hit. Brown was just ok. Now you could argue they should have gone after a top flight WR in free agency, but it is not as if there are multiple WR1's coming on the market every year.  At that, Baltimore - with Jackson LEADING it - has had a top flight offense and gotten him an MVP. So it has been plenty good. The "he hasn't had enough help" vs. "he hasn't produced enough" has become a distractionary narrative on both sides. I just hope this doesn't stunt his career... by that I mean being placed into NFL purgatory and on ice. I do feel most side with Jackson in all of this, but not sure if that means much of anything.   

95% of the success of the Raven's offense is because of Lamar, with virtually only one reliable target in that time. 

Lamar is constantly compared to Mahomes. My response to that is always this: If Lamar was on the Chiefs, would they still have two titles in the same amount of time? IMO, yes, they would. If Mahomes were on the Ravens, do they have a title? No, again IMO. 

This whole situation makes me scratch my head.

I guess this is some form of Colin Kaepernick 2.0 but I don't get it because Lamar is too good to be denied.

Hopefully Lamar signs with another team, preferably one in the NFC.

  • Author
Just now, theguru said:

This whole situation makes me scratch my head.

I guess this is some form of Colin Kaepernick 2.0 but I don't get it because Lamar is too good to be denied.

Hopefully Lamar signs with another team, preferably one in the NFC.

Kaepernick is not in the same stratosphere as Jackson. Kaep became all world once out of the league, but that is a whole other debate.

  • Author

If I were Jackson I would fly to Cleveland and throw a football in the face of Browns' management for screwing this whole thing up. I'm sure all the other owners would join him.

4 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Kaepernick is not in the same stratosphere as Jackson.

I agree which is why any type of "collusion" is odd to me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.