Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lamar Jackson Contract

Featured Replies

Has anyone kept up with this? Jackson does not have an agent as he doesn't want them to take a cut of his money. Today was the deadline he set to broker a deal, which he did not reach with the Ravens. In turn, he has decided to play out the final year on his rookie deal and presumably he will be franchised tagged next year.

While I admire what he is attempting to do, get an agent, Lamar. I hope it works out for him, but there is a lot of risk involved.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It is about owner vs player power. Jackson just happens to be a pawn in all this and victim of the timing. Same reason NBA teams aren't going to get the haul like the Jazz did in the Rudy Goebert trad

  • If I am one of these suitors I wait until after draft, which would be my assumption as to what happens. If I am the Colts, for example, why would I give up this year's first round pick since it is the

  • People don't like when athletes stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, most view them as performers and expect them to "shut up and play." I'm glad Lamar spoke out against this clown, more athletes s

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Has anyone kept up with this? Jackson does not have an agent as he doesn't want them to take a cut of his money. Today was the deadline he set to broker a deal, which he did not reach with the Ravens. In turn, he has decided to play out the final year on his rookie deal and presumably he will be franchised tagged next year.

While I admire what he is attempting to do, get an agent, Lamar. I hope it works out for him, but there is a lot of risk involved.

I just saw this before you posted.  From a Bengals perspective, I am not sure if it is a good or a bad thing.

I do understand not wanting anyone else to take a cut of your money but like you bug I think there is a lot of risk by not hiring a professional.

Maybe just hire a massage therapist. Watson got a heck of a contract.....to play 6 games! I think Baltimore needs to lock this guy in unless they don't care if he becomes damaged goods.

I heard that he turned down something like $290M for six years.  Less than $140M was guaranteed. 
 

Don’t hold me to it. 

2 hours ago, mcpapa said:

I heard that he turned down something like $290M for six years.  Less than $140M was guaranteed. 
 

Don’t hold me to it. 

Heard the same, and I’m glad he turned it down.

Deshaun Watson got $230+ million guaranteed. It’s not even a discussion until that point if I’m Lamar. 

The Ravens will almost certainly use the franchise tag on him for the '23 season and maybe even the '24 season. The only real leverage he has with Ravens is by threatening to sit out in order to force a trade to another team that may be willing to pay him that much guaranteed money. 

Also, the Watson contract does not seem to be setting the market like many thought it would. The Wilson and Murray contracts came after him and neither one guaranteed more than 50% of the total value.

Did Lamar's NSFW tweet cost him any money? I think it probably did...got to be smarter than to clap back at fans on Twitter, especially in the manner that he did.

No.

Good for Lamar. He should do it more often. 

22 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

No.

Good for Lamar. He should do it more often. 

Did you see what he said?

Of course in the current climate of the NFL, they'll sign anyone if they think it will help them win.

9 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Did you see what he said?

Of course I did. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Did Lamar's NSFW tweet cost him any money? I think it probably did...got to be smarter than to clap back at fans on Twitter, especially in the manner that he did.

 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

No.

Good for Lamar. He should do it more often. 

Time will tell if it costs him money (I believe he has already cost himself by not getting an agent), but franchises will look for any excuse NOT to pay. Does this singular thing matter in the grand scheme? Probably not.

Remember, he is the one going to the negotiating table. Having this thrown back in his face will not help his efforts when he is not accustomed to being in that line of work.

52 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Of course I did. 

Pretty weak minded of him to reply to begin with, let alone attack in that way.

54 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Pretty weak minded of him to reply to begin with, let alone attack in that way.

Lamar “attacked” but the other guy didn’t? ? Typical.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Lamar “attacked” but the other guy didn’t? ? Typical.

Typical! ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.