Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lamar Jackson Contract

Featured Replies

  • Author
6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree which is why any type of "collusion" is odd to me.

It is about owner vs player power. Jackson just happens to be a pawn in all this and victim of the timing. Same reason NBA teams aren't going to get the haul like the Jazz did in the Rudy Goebert trade.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It is about owner vs player power. Jackson just happens to be a pawn in all this and victim of the timing. Same reason NBA teams aren't going to get the haul like the Jazz did in the Rudy Goebert trad

  • If I am one of these suitors I wait until after draft, which would be my assumption as to what happens. If I am the Colts, for example, why would I give up this year's first round pick since it is the

  • People don't like when athletes stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, most view them as performers and expect them to "shut up and play." I'm glad Lamar spoke out against this clown, more athletes s

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

95% of the success of the Raven's offense is because of Lamar, with virtually only one reliable target in that time. 

This is totally true.  And the numbers indicate it very cleary.

  • Author
35 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

95% of the success of the Raven's offense is because of Lamar, with virtually only one reliable target in that time. 

Not accounting for the Ravens coaching/management here, I think your number is low.

This is somewhat off topic but what would be happening right now if Joe Burrow was in the same position with the nonexclusive tag on him?

3 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Not accounting for the Ravens coaching/management here, I think your number is low.

I was being conservative to hide my Lamar bias. ?

  • Author
11 minutes ago, theguru said:

This is somewhat off topic but what would be happening right now if Joe Burrow was in the same position with the nonexclusive tag on him?

Let's remove the historically ineptitude of Bengals' management and play this out in a vacuum with Burrow wanting a deal similar to Watson's. I believe Burrow and Mahomes are the two QBs a team would consider the full guarantee and they would do so giving back two first rounders to the Bengals.

Just now, bugatti said:

Let's remove the historically ineptitude of Bengals' management and play this out in a vacuum. I believe Burrow and Mahomes are the two QBs a team would consider the full guarantee and they would do so giving back two first rounders to the Bengals.

Other than knowing that ineptitude has been there in the past I don't equate the current Bengals with the Bengals of the past.

And thanks, I agree.

My only reservation on Jackson is his style of play and I worry that he will get hurt. 

  • Author
7 minutes ago, theguru said:

My only reservation on Jackson is his style of play and I worry that he will get hurt. 

And that is legit and why teams might be hesitant. LJ contends the reason he sat out this year was strictly due to injury. Well, that's two straight years of injuries holding him out for significant time. That has to be a consideration.

3 hours ago, spindoc said:

I think the good ole boy network will essentially work against Lamar in this one.  I'd guess all of the teams that have the capacity to make a deal like this will shy away from the guaranteed $ side of the negotiation for the best interest of the owners.  I think we'd be less than honest to think that there hasn't been collusion to the point of resetting the market for good.  I think that the owners likely would want to consider Watson the outlier never to be approached again, contractually speaking.

I don't disagree. There was quite a bit of rumblings from upset owners when the Browns decided to give all that guaranteed money to Watson.

I understand and commend Lamar for representing himself.  However, an agent wouldn't have considered following this path with contract negotiation.  He lost his leverage before last season in my opinion.  I genuinely wish him luck.  I like Lamar.  As a fan of another team in the division, I hope someone out there offers him the moon like he hopes and then the Ravens eat it like a giant wad of poo and pay him for years to come.

1 minute ago, spindoc said:

I understand and commend Lamar for representing himself.  However, an agent wouldn't have considered following this path with contract negotiation.  He lost his leverage before last season in my opinion.  I genuinely wish him luck.  I like Lamar.  As a fan of another team in the division, I hope someone out there offers him the moon like he hopes and then the Ravens eat it like a giant wad of poo and pay him for years to come.

This, all day this. ?

2 minutes ago, spindoc said:

I understand and commend Lamar for representing himself.  However, an agent wouldn't have considered following this path with contract negotiation.  He lost his leverage before last season in my opinion.  I genuinely wish him luck.  I like Lamar.  As a fan of another team in the division, I hope someone out there offers him the moon like he hopes and then the Ravens eat it like a giant wad of poo and pay him for years to come.

After the Ravens won the Super Bowl they gave Flacco a big contract and they have only won two playoff games since.  Like you as a Steelers fan, this Bengals fan can only hope the Ravens step in it again. 

I'd be curious, does anyone in this forum think that Lamar will be anything other than a Raven next season, given the current state of free agency, moves made by needy teams, etc.?

1 minute ago, spindoc said:

I'd be curious, does anyone in this forum think that Lamar will be anything other than a Raven next season, given the current state of free agency, moves made by needy teams, etc.?

One can only hope he goes to another team.  If he is healthy the Ravens can beat anyone.  With that said, I haven't followed it, I wait for something to happen in the NFL and then get interested.

Anyone?

9 hours ago, spindoc said:

I'd be curious, does anyone in this forum think that Lamar will be anything other than a Raven next season, given the current state of free agency, moves made by needy teams, etc.?

I don't because it would take a King's Ransom to get him and I'm not sure any team wants to meet those requirements for a QB that may lead them to a 9-1 record but then not be around for the final 7+ games of the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.