Open Job: Mercer County

FLYGUY

If Clay has applied at all the jobs he’s been speculated in, the fact that he hasn’t been hired yet shocks me. He is a fantastic coach, and I hope Mercer hires him if he has applied. Would be a good get for both sides in my opinion. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

If Clay has applied at all the jobs he’s been speculated in, the fact that he hasn’t been hired yet shocks me. He is a fantastic coach, and I hope Mercer hires him if he has applied. Would be a good get for both sides in my opinion. 

Mercer don't have any playmakers coming back and the middle school team hasn't been very good the last 2 or 3 years. I don't think Coach Clevenger will be interested in this job.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, theguru said:

I have been thinking something similar to this.  Call it a gut feeling, but I question if this is a good job or not. 

There are only 10-15 “really good jobs” in the state. The rest are what you make of them. What I qualify a “good job is” 

1) good administration 

2) history of winning

3) solid competitive pay

4) organization of youth and middle school programs.

5) access to solid players, and a history of players

6) good facilities, weight room, or indoor facility, also the ability to use them and have priority in use of them. 

If you have 4 of the 6 you have a pretty good job.  Just my .02 .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tru2theblue said:

There are only 10-15 “really good jobs” in the state. The rest are what you make of them. What I qualify a “good job is” 

1) good administration 

2) history of winning

3) solid competitive pay

4) organization of youth and middle school programs.

5) access to solid players, and a history of players

6) good facilities, weight room, or indoor facility, also the ability to use them and have priority in use of them. 

If you have 4 of the 6 you have a pretty good job.  Just my .02 .

This is a really good point...  The places that have all 6 are elite in the state of Kentucky.  But, I will say this - many programs on the "list" didn't have those things before - they gained them over time.  I agree with your premise thought, you can overcome not having a couple of things on the list, but you better be building them, if you want to be a top-notch program. 

• Like 1