Open Job: Mercer County

FLYGUY

MUCH better facilities at Mercer. Easier schedule with 3A and Mercer's district. Middle school has been stable for years. The program has traditional support right now. 

The Mercer job is miles ahead of Lincoln. Garrard will come closer when they make the facilities upgrades that are planned. 

I think Mercer also has a more steady flow of athletes coming through the school, which helps. The job itself is ahead of Lincoln and Garrard, IMO. 

1 hour ago, NotMattJones said:

MUCH better facilities at Mercer. Easier schedule with 3A and Mercer's district. Middle school has been stable for years. The program has traditional support right now. 

The Mercer job is miles ahead of Lincoln. Garrard will come closer when they make the facilities upgrades that are planned. 

I think Mercer also has a more steady flow of athletes coming through the school, which helps. The job itself is ahead of Lincoln and Garrard, IMO. 

I wouldn't consider being in a district with CAL and Desales as being easier.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NotMattJones said:

Lincoln has appeared to have the better middle school program the last few years and did beat Mercer the last time they went head to head in high school. So I don't know about miles apart. Mercer does have great training facilities. Lincoln pays better than Mercer and Garrard too. 

2 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

What does “traditional support” mean? 

30 minutes ago, Big Mck Bearcat said:

Lincoln has appeared to have the better middle school program the last few years and did beat Mercer the last time they went head to head in high school. So I don't know about miles apart. Mercer does have great training facilities. Lincoln pays better than Mercer and Garrard too. 

Coaching stipends might be more at LC, but the teaching salaries are some of the worst in CKY.

2 minutes ago, Pick-six said:

I couldn't find Lincoln's on their website but if Mercer's stipend is truly $6000 then a lot of districts are going to almost double that.

The HC stipend is only $6,000, but I am pretty sure there are extended days on top of that.

• Like 1