Open Job: Mercer County

FLYGUY

With this job now open who are the front runners for this job?   In less than 24 hours I have heard the names of:

-Current Mercer County defensive coordinator William Harris

-Dennis Johnson

-Clay Clevenger

-Josh Jaggers 

-Brian Rowland 

Coach Buchanan left Mercer County in great shape.  Should be a great job for whomever ends up with it.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

With this job now open who are the front runners for this job?   In less than 24 hours I have heard the names of:

-Dennis Johnson

-Clay Clevenger

-Josh Jaggers 

-Brian Rowland 

Coach Buchanan left Mercer County in great shape.  Should be a great job for whomever ends up with it.  

I know that Coach Rowland has moved into administration.  I would assume Coach Harris will apply.  Seems like Clevenger's & Jaggers' names have come up for every coaching vacancy in the area.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, Seybold24 said:

Terry Yeast would be a good hire, knows the program and has been around for years! All the names listed above are big names as well, not sure they could go wrong with any of those guys. 

Terry Yeast is one of the best track coaches in the state.  I don’t think he has coached football in over 15 years.  Not sure from that standpoint that he would be a legit candidate for this job. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 2:34 PM, PurplePride92 said:

-Dennis Johnson

-Clay Clevenger

-Josh Jaggers 

-Brian Rowland 

Mercer has a great staff in place right now in regards to assistants. Hopefully new coach would keep some of them and they want to stay.  Harris I would think would be only internal option.  Rowland could be possibility I guess but he hasn’t coached last two years since becoming assistant principal.  If Clevenger was the guy is there a chance any current Ads players follow him?

2 hours ago, titan101 said:

Mercer has a great staff in place right now in regards to assistants. Hopefully new coach would keep some of them and they want to stay.  Harris I would think would be only internal option.  Rowland could be possibility I guess but he hasn’t coached last two years since becoming assistant principal.  If Clevenger was the guy is there a chance any current Ads players follow him?

You never know.  That’s always a possibility.